Paid Events 06/20/2017 03:12 PM CDT
Couple questions about F2P and Paid Events:
1) It's my understanding that F2P can purchase access to paid events like everyone else, right? So if I wanted to go to Ebon's I could buy a token or whatever when they go on sale and have access?
2) If I go to a paid event, do I have the same access within that event that a basic subscriber that paid to go would have? I understand there are some shops that are perks for premium subscribers, but otherwise, it's the same for a basic subscriber as for F2P?
3) I remember reading somewhere (I think) that merchants can set spinners (or maybe they're set by default?) not to spin for f2p accounts. Are these restrictions active for something like a paid event? Would make me sad if I paid the same amount for an event as someone else but didn't have the opportunity to get spun for services.

Just wondering!

-Ali
Re: Paid Events 06/20/2017 04:02 PM CDT
>2) If I go to a paid event, do I have the same access within that event that a basic subscriber that paid to go would have? I understand there are some shops that are perks for premium subscribers, but otherwise, it's the same for a basic subscriber as for F2P?

In the past there were tiered levels for the Wavedancer paid event. You pay top tier for access to all aspects of the ship (we'll say this access cost $100). If you only paid the basic ticket fee (we'll say this basic ticket cost $50), you could access most of the ship, but the top tier area was off limits. I'm not sure if they still do things like this, I don't pay attention to all pay events.

EG, you have access to the entire grounds if you buy a ticket. You shouldn't be restricted in any manner for the EG grounds.

The current event is a pay as you play event. You have just as much access to it as anyone else. You pay cash for Simucoins and then buy the necessary passes for the event at the Simucoin Store. You may be restricted in use of some items you find as F2P, but you certainly shouldn't have any restrictions for attending or playing in these events if you're allowed to buy tickets/passes.

-Drumpel
Re: Paid Events 06/20/2017 05:02 PM CDT
What he said, pay events aren't restricted against F2P.

Free festival/events usually are, mostly to discourage subscribers or any player(s) really from creating armies of F2P accounts to better their raffle and merchant service odds. They may have a tent or pavilion with their own services offered to free accounts sometimes.
Re: Paid Events 06/20/2017 07:21 PM CDT
Thanks for the responses so far!

So if I paid for an event that had merchants, I should be able to be chosen too? Did I imagine the spinner thing or is that real? I guess I'd just be worried a merchant would have the no-F2P restriction thing on their spinner and not realize or announce it. I don't know how spinners work from the GM side of things though, so maybe I'm worrying for nothing.
Re: Paid Events 06/20/2017 07:34 PM CDT

At paid events like Ebon Gate F2P accounts can enter raffles and win them.

~GM Palvella
Re: Paid Events 06/20/2017 10:53 PM CDT

The no spinner thing was very real, at free events. Spitfire came through right after f2p started and only like... one, maybe two merchants were f2p friendly, for understandable reasons.