Skinning randomly fails 01/20/2016 09:34 AM CST
This is the third or fourth time this has happened to me, I've BUG'd it but also wanted peoples thoughts....

Every once in a while when I'm skinning my kills I'll see...
[Because your account is free, you cannot skin creatures you cannot earn experience from.]

The creatures are on-level, and I'm frying from the hunts, so obviously I am gaining experience. And in most cases after a day or two the skinning starts working again, same mobs.... same character level.
Re: Skinning randomly fails 01/20/2016 12:41 PM CST
There is some randomness to critter level. It's possible you're running into something that's out of range for you. The normal range is +/-5. No idea if that's the problem, but it's a possibility.
Re: Skinning randomly fails 01/21/2016 04:46 AM CST
>There is some randomness to critter level. It's possible you're running into something that's out of range for you. The normal range is +/-5. No idea if that's the problem, but it's a possibility.

I considered this as well, but the player would have to be underhunting by 5 or 6 levels. So this is any easy one to know if it's possible or impossible.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Skinning randomly fails 01/21/2016 09:22 PM CST
I underhunt a level or two because that character is still low, but I doubt thats it, only because its not one specific critter and then it goes away. Its usually a whole day.... where every critter that I kill (dozens of em) I cant skin. Then all of a sudden... poof. The next day everything I kill I can skin again (same hunting area).
Re: Skinning randomly fails 01/28/2016 12:18 PM CST
This has nothing to do with creature level. This is because you have reached your treasure cap for the day, and so you cannot skin anything anymore until the treasure cap is reset. Otherwise you could just create skinning bots that run around and gather skins for coin all day long.