Unable to -USE- Chrisms 11/20/2015 01:57 PM CST
I completely 100% support preventing F2P characters from -making- Chrisms. This would give F2P a functional method of making items that can be sold, and which could allow someone to level up a "chrism bot".

However, I do not agree with limiting a F2P account from -USING- Chrisms on other players. In order to use a Chrism, you must be a cleric, and apparently a subscribed cleric also. I attempted to rescue a bunch of people on my F2P Cleric, but I had to find a completely different cleric just so those poor souls could get raised with a Chrism. That seems not only counter-intuitive, but counter-productive and breaks my ability to interact with players.

Is there any viable reason someone can offer to restrict the F2P Clerics from being able to crack a Chrism gem over a corpse? I either have to get someone else to make the gem, or the dead player has to provide it anyway - so why is this limited?
Re: Unable to -USE- Chrisms 11/20/2015 04:20 PM CST
TUMBLEKEGGER
Is there any viable reason someone can offer to restrict the F2P Clerics from being able to crack a Chrism gem over a corpse?

Yes, it prevents players from being able to level up a F2P cleric, then just log it in to use a Chrism gem while another character performs the resurrection (318 scroll, 1640, etc). This restriction was implanted as a direct result of such abuse.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Unable to -USE- Chrisms 11/20/2015 04:24 PM CST

>Yes, it prevents players from being able to level up a F2P cleric, then just log it in to use a Chrism gem while another character performs the resurrection (318 scroll, 1640, etc). This restriction was implanted as a direct result of such abuse.

So the resurrection pass does not allow f2p to use chrisms anymore?
Re: Unable to -USE- Chrisms 11/20/2015 04:29 PM CST
VANKRASN39
So the resurrection pass does not allow f2p to use chrisms anymore?

There's been no change to how resurrection passes work.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Unable to -USE- Chrisms 12/18/2015 04:32 PM CST
Just thought of this thread today when raising a body on the Dais.

I feel like the incentive is off for F2P chrism usage. We have a casting and receiving spells pass, but only a "using chrism" pass as part of the resurrection pass. Aside from potentially being passed over for a raise (which I've never had happen), there really isn't much of a pain point to the Cleric not being able to chrism a body. Meanwhile, the bodies with their fancy necklaces keep dropping gems all over the floor for me to pick up and hold for them.

A cleric is presented with the binary choice of $5 for a month of chrism usage or none at all, with no middle ground. That's fine, but I feel kinda bad for the corpses I raise. Shouldn't there be a "chrism receiving" pass for a body?

Re-reading the thread, I see the concern about making a personal F2P cleric to chrism bodies for non-clerics, but I imagine that "chrism receiving" passes could be put at a price point that would compete with a $5/month "chrism cleric" account.
Re: Unable to -USE- Chrisms 12/19/2015 12:06 AM CST
>That's fine, but I feel kinda bad for the corpses I raise.

Don't. The expectation of a chrism is silly.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p