SEND and Channeling Crystals 11/13/2015 01:56 PM CST
I was on a spirit quest across GSWiki, wandering here and there, when this came to me:

Seeing as I've never personally seen anyone use a channeling crystal from the Alchemy system, is there a chance that they can be given an additional use: allowing F2P characters to send mana without a spell pass?

They're consumable, F2P can't craft them (since they have no access to the guild system), and it'd at least give people who've worked their way through Alchemy one more thing to show for it.

Obviously, anything can be abused, but I think this is a reasonable compromise between "F2P can never send without spending real money" and "F2P can be mana batteries".

Or maybe I'm off-base and people would take advantage of this so infrequently that it's not even worth dev time. I dunno. Just spitballing.
Re: SEND and Channeling Crystals 11/13/2015 09:05 PM CST

I think this is a good idea. I'd think there'd need to be a limit, such as X amount of mana sent per hour or per day, to keep it from being a complete work around, but great idea to encourage alchemy and inter-character commerce.
Re: SEND and Channeling Crystals 11/20/2015 04:27 PM CST
PFLATS
They're consumable, F2P can't craft them (since they have no access to the guild system), and it'd at least give people who've worked their way through Alchemy one more thing to show for it.

The F2P character can't create them, but anyone else could and a multi-accounter could easily stockpile them to circumvent this very intended restriction. We're not going to allow F2P characters to be free mana batteres.

PFLATS
Obviously, anything can be abused, but I think this is a reasonable compromise between "F2P can never send without spending real money" and "F2P can be mana batteries"

There's not intended to be any middle ground. In online gaming, anything that can be abused, will be and to the extreme.

GameMaster Estild