Rangers and ACs, Wizards and Familiars 01/07/2018 01:45 AM CST
Per the wiki, both rangers and wizards are limited to one type of 'pet'. Would it be possible to expand on that? Are we restricted to just canines? Felines? Avians? I can't rightly roll up a ranger without knowing what kind of AC access I'll have. I mean, how am I supposed to know if I'm a cat person or a dog person?
Re: Rangers and ACs, Wizards and Familiars 01/07/2018 03:31 AM CST
Once you are able to access a companion (by virtue of casting the spell), you are not restricted in your initial choice of animal type. You can opt for canine, feline, avian, or rodent, but once that decision is made, you are done. Saying that, I believe it is possible to change your companion later through a SimuCoin purchase.

As for a wizard familiar: you are able to access all sorts of random animal types by simply casting the spell; the descriptions are determined by location. It is possible to lock it down to one specific type by use of a familiar talisman.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

https://gswiki.play.net/Rohese_Bayvel-Timsh'l
Re: Rangers and ACs, Wizards and Familiars 01/07/2018 05:40 PM CST
There are many descriptions based on locations for ACs. When you are able to you can SENSE the area and get the lizt oc possible companions for that room. It is a 30th lvl spell so that gives you some time to get a feel for the ranger to decide.