Fusion shield RT 12/18/2017 10:05 PM CST

Greetings,

I just bought a 2 slot fusion shield.

I wore it and remove it before adding the orb. Everything was normal.

I added an orb then charged it. Now, when I WEAR the shield, it takes 1 second round time.

Why am I getting round time now? Nothing else has changed.

Sincerely,

- Kotin

https://kotin17.wixsite.com/kotin
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 08:29 AM CST
Okay, so it's not just me. I thought it may have been because I went from using a Sonic Greatshield (essentially weightless) to using a physical one (Fusion w/orbs, about 9 pounds), and the weight was having an effect.

And I'm Premium, not F2P.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 08:54 AM CST

It's not just you, Krakii. I let Roblar hold my shield as well. He had the same problem.

Worse yet, while hunting bandits, the maneuver they do that increases round time for actions INCREASES the round time for wearing the shield. I had up to 4 seconds last night wearing my shield.

Since fusion items were just changed by the GM's maybe, they HAVE the time to fix this immediately? (easy fix would be to roll back the present changes, right?)

- Kotin

Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 10:41 AM CST
I had not even considered the fact that it was the Fusion that was doing it.
Has anyone tried it with a <mundane, non-Fusion> shield?
Does it happen regardless of size (mine is a greatshield)?
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 10:49 AM CST
I have no RT on wearing a non-fusion shield; tried large, medium, and small.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 11:43 AM CST
Corporeal shields, or Sonic Shield Song?
(And what about Tower?)
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 12:28 PM CST

I never had this issue before. I tried my old shield and I not have a round time removing or wearing it.

This is NEW.

Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 12:28 PM CST
Experiment conducted on giant (tower, medium), elf (tower, medium), half-elf (large, medium), and halfling (medium and small). Shields were plain (no spikes, flares, combat scripts, etc), varying anywhere from 0x to 7x.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 01:12 PM CST
Perfect, thanks!

So I'm going to agree with Kotin that it is related to Fusion... somehow.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 02:17 PM CST
As a quick aside, is this experience extended to fusion armors?

Doug
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 03:10 PM CST

Doug,

I don't presently have fusion armor. However, I don't remove or wear my armor while in combat. I do switch between using and not using my shield, however.

- Kotin

Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 03:19 PM CST
I believe I get more actual DS from the shield--and certainly will when I up the double-trained Shield Use ranks--but I prefer to sling it & skin rather than stow the weapon/runestaff, because:
- Parry spells & ranged;
- F10/put & F9/get is closer with touch-typing than F11/put & F12/get;
- over 20 years of habit-forming at "putting away the left-hand gear to skin/search/get loot". Never underestimate the strength of tradition.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 03:21 PM CST
Since all armors already have a built-in RT for remove & wear, it's essentially invisible. (And as Kotin points out, it happens a LOT less often than remove/wear shield.)
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/19/2017 07:24 PM CST
Yes, I understand.

But it probably would help sort out how far this fusion bug may have gone. Wearing armor you are trained for still generates a base RT, and if it is also increased. . .

Not terribly exciting, certainly not a 'use case' that we need to worry about, but definitely worth addressing if it is also present <- my view.

That's why it was 'an aside'.

Doug
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/20/2017 06:43 AM CST
I can get behind that.

Since I have a morpher for each Armor Group--none of them Enhancive--I can check several of them easily. I will report.
Re: Fusion shield RT 12/27/2017 10:35 AM CST
As of this morning, my 2-slot Fusion shield was no longer giving me 1s RT when wearing.
(And--slacker that I am!--I never did get around to testing the armors. D'oh!)