mass attack spells 09/22/2016 05:14 PM CDT
I'm an old timer trying out f2p for first time. According to the wiki,

> Attack spells like Elemental Wave (410) that can hit players as well as creatures have a 30 second cooldown (to prevent careless spamming). If actually used to attack another player, this cooldown increases to 5 minutes (cooldown can be removed with a cooldown remover).

And yet...

>s>pre 909
>Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Tremors...
>Your spell is ready.
>s>evoke
>You gesture.
>Nothing happens.
>[Because your account is free, you cannot use player-unfriendly area effect attack spells.]

Same trouble with cast. Shouldn't this be the cooldown described above, instead of totally banned? If not, missed opportunity to sell spellcasting passes and cooldown removers in simucoin store.
Re: mass attack spells 09/22/2016 05:19 PM CDT
I don't like the wording either, but I have a question. . .

Did you try casting it outside of town? I'm wondering if the town JUSTICE systems are actually blocking or not. I don't have a F2P wizard that I can use to test, hence the question.

Doug
Re: mass attack spells 09/22/2016 05:23 PM CDT
Good thought, not that...

>inc 909
Your hands glow with power as you invoke the phrase for Tremors...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a moaning phantom.
Nothing happens.
[Because your account is free, you cannot use player-unfriendly area effect attack spells.]
>justice status
There is no justice other than your own out here.
Re: mass attack spells 09/22/2016 05:32 PM CDT
Ok, I'd bug that in game - and hopefully Estild will be by to weigh in on if it's a bug or design feature. Either it's not working right, or the wiki verbiage needs to change.

Doug