bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 01:38 PM CST
Joness was enchanting an axe yesterday and I was in the room. This is the message I saw:

Visible wisps of essence dance across the surface of the ora handaxe as you chant quietly, your Joness chants quietly, his sure gestures guiding them to slowly coalesce into small softly glowing runic symbols. Glancing over the formation of the runes, his chant falters>

The pronoun issues and the weird character at the end seem to be the problems here.

He was finishing a 5x enchant on an axe.
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 01:51 PM CST
That weird character is the line prompt for the next parser command; what happened was the previous string of text didn't terminate properly.

I've seen similar odd results, like the RT statement from a LoreSong verse showing up inside the text of the response (i.e. "while it's still happening", rather than "after", like usual).

Normally, I blame Microsoft. If I'm feeling generous, I am some times willing to blame internet traffic & packet loss due to storms over Lower Slobovia.
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 02:26 PM CST

MY FAILURE FOREVER MEMORIALIZED ON THE FORUMS GAHHHH

Zavala saw the same message and pasted it to me. AT LEAST YOU GOT TO LAUGH
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 02:57 PM CST
LOL

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! It should be fixed RSN.

;-P

~Contemplar~
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 03:18 PM CST
GS4 Contemplar, any chance you can check the negative roll penalty again. I can't duplicate this. I completed two more projects with astoundingly inept messaging on the final step. I reduced the character's margin for error to zero ( negative roll should result in a failure) with encumbrance and despite the messaging each of the three 925 channels were successful. Thanks!

Previous post: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Wizards/Enchanting/view/2507

Mark
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 04:30 PM CST
>GS4 Contemplar, any chance you can check the negative roll penalty again. I can't duplicate this. I completed two more projects with astoundingly inept messaging on the final step. I >reduced the character's margin for error to zero ( negative roll should result in a failure) with encumbrance and despite the messaging each of the three 925 channels were successful. Thanks!

>Previous post: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Wizards/Enchanting/view/2507

>Mark

Alas! You are one-hundred percent correct, Mark! I was wrong when I stated that the roll was an open d100. I could have sworn at one point it was, or it should have been an open roll.

At risk of frustrating our Wiki-Guru I was apparently correct way back when I made the first post for the enchant updates that the d100 is NOT an open roll. I confused myself when I saw the messaging for ineptness which indicates a 1 was rolled. I mistakenly saw it as less than one, which would have been an open d100.

Sorry for the confusion!

~Contemplar~
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 04:33 PM CST

>At risk of frustrating our Wiki-Guru I was apparently correct way back when I made the first post for the enchant updates that the d100 is NOT an open roll. I confused myself when I saw the messaging for ineptness which indicates a 1 was rolled. I mistakenly saw it as less than one, which would have been an open d100.

can you please go ahead and spell out the roll range for the messaging like what we have for ensorcell? I'm not going to try for a third time to make an "educated" guess.

Thanks
Re: bad text and grammar when witnessing an enchant fail 01/17/2018 06:50 PM CST
Why not keep people guessing?