Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 08:50 AM CDT
For those wondering about how challenging it might be to enchant padded / weighted items going forward it doesn't appear to be over the top difficult.

10x HCP armor (understanding there isn't any way to take it to 11x)

>prep 405
You gesture and invoke the powers of the elements for the Elemental Detection spell...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my hunt
You gesture at some pale layered leather hunts ridged with colorful braid lacing.
The underlying patterns of essence within the leather hunts indicate that it has been enchanted, and you notice your own enchanter's mark on it. You recognize the vibrant golden aura surrounding it as indicating an extraordinary level of enchantment.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

>prep 925
>
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my hunt
You gesture at some pale layered leather hunts ridged with colorful braid lacing.
A muted glow instantly surrounds the leather hunts, flickering slightly, and fades a moment later.

Assuming some pale layered leather hunts ridged with colorful braid lacing can be tempered somehow...Under the current conditions this enchantment will be difficult, but possible.

I'll test out some 6x HCP and a few smaller enchants later this morning.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

You gesture at a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 09:54 AM CDT

I suspect there may still be a glitch or two to work out. I'm going to start this table. If anyone wants to add, just reply to this message and copy the table portion out of the 'in response to'.

Current Next Properties Padding Difficulty
9x 10x Voln Amror Script 1500 ECP (30) unless unlucky (97%)
4x 5x Moderate resist (4 types) none unless unlucky (97%)
8x 9x resist (type / number unk) 500 MCP (20) completely beyond (0%)

Doug
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 09:59 AM CDT
8x 9x resist (type / number unk) 500 MCP (20) completely beyond (0%)

RE: Resistance armors - Not surprised at this read. I've found that resistances on armor seem to add a very large penalty to enchanting them. Prior to the recent updates to enchanting even (so chance of success wasn't known) I was having failures bringing the resist armors sold off the shelf at EG to even 4x enchant.

-- Robert

The scream of tortured metal echoes around you as the lightning bolt strikes a colossal glaes-covered meteor.
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 10:02 AM CDT
But I would have expected to see the same with the 4x to 5x.

Doug
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 10:08 AM CDT
Somehow I completely glossed over your second line... And your post was very concise! I'll blame the initial table formatting since I read it before you made the correction! (yeah, that's it!)

The 4x-5x does seems the outlier from my experience but will be curious to see what we learn over time.

-- Robert

Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 10:32 AM CDT
6x HCP, even while not in a workshop (but my familiar was present), and slightly encumbered... (Note: You should never actually attempt to enchant an item while even a little bit encumbered)

>enc
You feel somewhat weighed down, but can still move well, though you realize you are not as quick as you could be.

>prep 925
You trace a series of glowing runes while chanting the phrase for Enchant Item...
Your spell is ready.
>cast on my chain
You gesture at some dark vultite augmented chain.
A muted glow instantly surrounds the augmented chain, flickering slightly, and fades a moment later.

Assuming some dark vultite augmented chain can be tempered somehow...Unless you are horribly unlucky, you should have no trouble enchanting some dark vultite augmented chain.

So it seems reasonable that many wizards should be able to bring HCP/HCW items up to 7x enchant without too much difficulty.

-- Robert

Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 01:33 PM CDT
My mid 50s forge mage is showing unless unlucky for katanas and other HCW weapons going up to 4x. I haven't tested higher because I'm mid major.

Keith/Brinret/Eronderl

Keith is correct
-Wyrom, APM

Keith is correct.
-GameMaster Estild

Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 08/27/2017 01:39 PM CDT
You can still cast (but don't CHANNEL) 925 at most anything to get a read. I recommend doing it in a workshop with your familiar present to get the best idea.

-- Robert

Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 10/14/2017 11:06 PM CDT

I am not sure if this is a bug or I am misinterpreting the spell. I have what appears to be a standard mithril Katana (+5)(HCW) which shows when 925 is cast at it the same message "assuming a vultite-edged mithril katana can be tempered somehow...This enchantment easily enough, barring bad luck." When I try to pour a tempering potion(Dirtokh) on it, the temper doesn't take, it just bubbles up and rolls off. I do currently have a major project tempering, but shouldn't this be a minor project, meaning I should be able to do this simultaneously?
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 10/15/2017 08:08 AM CDT
>I am not sure if this is a bug or I am misinterpreting the spell. I have what appears to be a standard mithril Katana (+5)(HCW) which shows when 925 is cast at it the same message "assuming a vultite-edged mithril katana can be tempered somehow...This enchantment easily enough, barring bad luck." When I try to pour a tempering potion(Dirtokh) on it, the temper doesn't take, it just bubbles up and rolls off. I do currently have a major project tempering, but shouldn't this be a minor project, meaning I should be able to do this simultaneously?

Please double-check the enchant level on that katana. The description "vultite-edged" leads me to believe it is not just mithril enchant level. It is most likely a 4x katana you are trying to temper there.

~Contemplar~
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 10/15/2017 08:35 AM CDT

[QUOTE]

Please double-check the enchant level on that katana. The description "vultite-edged" leads me to believe it is not just mithril enchant level. It is most likely a 4x katana you are trying to temper there.

~Contemplar~[/QUOTE]

It says crafted out of mithril. It swings like a +5 weapon when compared to an unenchanted THW. 405 gives me chaotic pattern can't make any sense.
Re: Enchanting Crit padded items 10/15/2017 08:41 AM CDT
I'd have a bard sing to it and then if they can't find anything put in an assist.

My guess is that the bard will identify something for you though.

-- Robert

You see a fairly typical Lord Kai.
It appears to be in good shape.