Empathic Linking 03/05/2015 12:00 PM CST
Solomon
http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Discussions%20with%20Simutronics/F2P%20Subscription/view/90
Healing
The last 10 players healed are kept track of. Each time a new person is healed, the oldest name on the list is bumped off. A single player can only appear 2 times on the list. A healing pass increases this to 4 times.
An empath must first link (via TOUCH) to their prospective client. This linking process takes 30 seconds (15 with a healing pass). Once established, the link lasts for 3 minutes. All wound transfers done during this link are considered part of a single healing session (one entry on the above list).

As recently announced in the Free to Play (F2P) discussions, we're implementing a new feature for healing Empaths. You may now TOUCH <target> LINK to establish an Empathic Link with the target. For F2P Empaths without a Healing Pass, it takes 30 seconds to establish the link. For F2P Empaths with a Healing Pass or for non-F2P Empaths, it takes 15 seconds. While a link is established, it lasts for 3 minutes and no other Empath can transfer wounds from the target. An Empath may only have one link active at a time and each player can only be linked to one Empath at a time. The Empath or the target may UNLINK at anytime to end the link early.

F2P Empaths will be required to form an Empathic Link before they can transfer any wounds. This is optional and now live for any non-F2P Empaths. In the far future, this will be a requirement for all Empaths, but not until we implement and review a number of other things with healing. This feature has always been on my list to implement for a long while, but as a much broader project. It'll be some time before I get to the latter, but I did want to warn everyone now.

GameMaster Estild

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/298