right place? 11/26/2016 08:47 PM CST

Not sure this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if the GM that does the glimaerstone jewelry ambient messaging will ever come around? I had a really pretty glimaerstone altered recently into a toe ring thinking I would get the ambient messaging but was told that is a specific GM's script. I would like to know if I can get the script added at some point and an idea of when that might be a possibility.

Thanks,
Leslieanna
Re: right place? 11/27/2016 03:19 AM CST
I'm guessing that you're talking about the items that have glimaerstones with waxing/waning light? eg. "You notice that the light within your glimaerstone pendant has increased to a brilliant glow.", "The brilliant glow of your glimaerstone pendant lessens subtly, becoming a strong, steady radiance.", etc. ?

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"
Re: right place? 11/27/2016 11:23 AM CST

Yes, That is it.
Re: right place? 11/28/2016 04:09 AM CST
So... the short answer to "I would like to know if I can get the script added at some point and an idea of when that might be a possibility" for the glimaerstone script in question is: you can, if and when any GM who has gotten proper permissions wants to offer it.

The longer answer is that script-adding in general gets a little more complicated than something like GALD in terms of the permissions needed and is more of a specialty service. It's far easier to get an item that already has the script on it altered than it is to get the script added to an existing item. Plus getting the script added means the item will need to adhere to specific guidelines laid out by the glimaerstone script, which your item may or may not already do.

As for addressing the immediate need: I'll look at calendaring a script-adding session for a few specific scripts (including this one) sometime in the next few months. Outside of that, Roxe occasionally randomly offers script-adding as a service (it'll be listed when she does) -- feel free to ask her whenever that's the case.

~Kaikala

From nearby, you hear Ordim yell, "Dont eat meeeeee!"
Re: right place? 12/01/2016 08:03 PM CST

Thank you!
Re: right place? 01/28/2017 02:15 AM CST

Late to respond to this, but that stuff is commonly called Truthie Jewelry, after an old merchant who sold it. It can't be sold in player shops for some reason, so you wont find any there. But there is a lot of it lying around. It is much easier, like GM Kaikala said, to alter it, than to get the script added. Also, these items can have a long, but not a show if I am remembering correctly. If you're looking for a specifically worn spot, I'd just ask around for truthie jewelry worn "so and so spot" and go from there.