Love Fashion? 03/29/2016 04:11 PM CDT
The sound of birdsong could be heard through the partially open window, heralding the dawn of a new day. Rohese added a final annotation to the parchment and returned the quill to its inkwell. Sitting back in her chair for a moment, she worked the stiffness from her fingers and cast her eye critically over the sketches spread across her desk, trying to see them from a fresh perspective. She had been working on the designs all night and was pleased with the results.

She drained the last mouthful of tepid tea from her cup and replaced it on the saucer. Lifting a small square of white silk from the nearby pile of fabric swatches, she lay it alongside a hand-drawn sketch of a ruffled gown and nodded in approval.

“Perfect,” she remarked, pinning it with a length of lace and silver ribbon to the corner of the sketch. “Now all I need to do is find a skilled seamstress willing to make them for me.”

She carefully gathered the sheets together and slid them into a leather folio. Closing the cover, her hand lingered over the words “Elanthian Elegance” and a trace of a smile played across her lips.

OOC Note: This is the first of a series of short vignettes or teasers for a week-long collaborative event coming this summer.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese
Themes 04/10/2016 05:15 AM CDT
Rohese removed her spectacles and pinched the bridge of her nose. Glancing at the pile of unanswered correspondence still on her desk, she sighed heavily and rose to her feet. Perched on the sill of the nearby open window was a pure white dove. It cooed softly as it basked in the warm spring sunshine and Rohese took the opportunity of a few minutes respite to enjoy the view of the gardens below.

The frequent rain showers recently had brought the manse garden to life and the beautiful display of colorful flora had inspired her latest designs and ideas for the upcoming event.

Glancing over her shoulder, she turned a piece of parchment around on her desk to read her notes:

“Themes – Foliage, florals … ?”

Her finger traced the oversized eroteme on the page and pondered, “What else?”

A light knock on the door interrupted her thoughts but she was delighted to see Dreaer enter the room. Impeccably dressed in a charcoal wool longcoat and slim pants, she noted that he looked particularly smart today, especially in the lavender silk waistcoat.

Rohese kissed him politely on the cheek and beckoned him to sit. She poured a cup of tea for them both and joined him on the sofa. “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

“Do I need an excuse to visit?” Dreaer grinned and reached for his timepiece.

“I can’t stay long though, I’m afraid, duty calls.” Noting the time, he returned the timepiece to his waistcoat pocket and added, with a wink, “I have a date with the Sapphire Guard Captain’s daughter.”

“That’s it!” Rohese jumped to her feet and ran over to her desk. Reaching for her quill, she quickly added a few more words to the parchment.

Dreaer blinked in surprise, “What is?”

Smiling widely, she replied, “Military and timepieces!”

OOC Note: This is the second of a series of short vignettes or teasers for a week-long collaborative event coming this summer. If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to email me at elanthianelegance5115@gmail.com or check out https://sites.google.com/site/elanthianelegance/events/elanthian-fashion-week-5116 for updates.

>>You slay me woman! ~ Wyrom

http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Rohese