pants/trouser actions 09/01/2014 07:32 AM CDT
So, I am looking for some nifty actions for a pair of trousers, breeches or pants.

Feel free to post here or send me an e-mail!

~ Valyrka ~
Ta'Illistim
Elves
Dark Elves
Sylvans
Half Elves
Re: pants/trouser actions 09/01/2014 08:52 AM CDT
I saw some low-slung trousers in one of the shops at Frontier days. This should be good for a random stumble when moving sort of like carrying the trail between IceMule and the Landing about with you, only who cares about the weather?

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: pants/trouser actions 09/01/2014 10:10 AM CDT
>So, I am looking for some nifty actions for a pair of trousers, breeches or pants.

Rub - SoNSo wipes his/her hands off on his/her pants/trousers/breeches.

That's the number one thing that pants have to do. :-)

Maybe a pull action to either adjust the fitting around the waist and/or keep the hem out of the footwear. Or both

Dance trousers - Elanthia's version of twerking!!! (No, I'm kidding, that would be terrible, please don't do that.)

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: pants/trouser actions 09/01/2014 01:04 PM CDT
<I saw some low-slung trousers in one of the shops at Frontier days.

I saw those. A verb I'd love to see is:

Flaunt:

You see: You adjust the fit of your trousers so that your taut stomach is highlighted.

Others see: <name> adjusts his trousers to flaunt his taut stomach. Clearly he's a bit proud of his look.

Give the option for a variety of appearances? Taut, soft, flabby, beer gut, etc. However a player may see his character.

Tanivar Somakre

"Healing, you want it, you shall have it."
Re: pants/trouser actions 09/01/2014 02:58 PM CDT
Hmm, how about these:

PULL -- Soandso hitches up his pants and tightens his belt.

RUB -- Soandso wipes her hands on her pants.

TOUCH -- Soandso pats the pockets of his pants but doesn't seem to find anything.

TURN -- Soandso turns out the empty pockets of her pants to illustrate her financial status.

SLAP or POKE -- Soandso slaps at her pants, raising a cloud of dust.

PUSH -- Soandso adjusts the fit of his pants.

Re: pants/trouser actions 09/02/2014 01:22 PM CDT
A bit off the topic but just a left field RP gripe. Not a mechanics gripe mind you...

How can you check your pockets and find them empty without pants via WEALTH? How do you wear belt-worn items without a belt?

It's a little better from the old days, since wearing a belt-worn item whilst wearing a belt has one affix said item to said belt (and not some unknown belt). And shoulder worn stuff (think knapsack not cloak) has "slung over his/her shoulder" in the description.

There's the whole "everyone acts like when people are naked they are naked" but the game acts like you're not naked. You can be wearing nothing special and put a satchel on your belt, or check your pockets for a million coins.

Changes to the belt system would probably annoy me mechanically by now as I have a 20 lbs capacity phasing belt I take off for combat (yeah, take it off!). And the monetary system seem deprecated (but infinitely simpler) than what DR has going on. For coins, honestly, make notes not cost any money to have written, and require coin purses and the like (I have a coin purse somewhere just I never saw a reason to use it...maybe I get a lock on it and phase a whopping 2k instead of using a scroll for Relieve Burden, I dunno)

As to the original topic, Roll up the cuffs. Zip/check the fly. Smooth out creases. And like others said you know, pull'em up a bit and fix the belt. I still sag my pants, which my mom says is prisoner culture. But it gives me a couple extra inches of effective inseam, and finding some 34" x 40" pants is like, forget about it.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."