Armor Nouns 05/03/2013 06:53 PM CDT
Krakiipedia has a list (although not necessarily a completely current one) of acceptable alteration nouns for weapons. Is there a similar one for armor, either publicly shared or something a GM could provide for us? I know there are some specific concerns about appropriate nouns for, say, robes, although personally I just want to know whether a coracia can be an MBP or whether that has to be augmented breastplate.
Re: Armor Nouns 05/03/2013 07:44 PM CDT
>I just want to know whether a coracia can be an MBP or whether that has to be augmented breastplate.

Depends on the actual merchant GM. The time of day. Which other GMs are logged in. How long the merchant has worked. Who has gotten what alters during that session, that event and that year. How tired/intoxicated/fed up the GM is.

And also the alignment of the planets when calculated via the Mayan calender and the percentage chance that imminent world destruction is about to occur at the time of your service.

-farmer
>"Mine lights my character on fire and makes her all glowy." -Raelee
Re: Armor Nouns 05/04/2013 01:22 AM CDT
Good question. Can we make boots into sabatons?

If someone on staff were able to compile alternate names for all the armors and armor pieces that would be great. Maybe clothing as well. Would be a bit of work. It may be too large a project to give all the alternate names to things. Maybe it is just best on a case by case basis.

I have a shoulder worn longcoat that I was thinking about altering into a sagum, a Roman military cloak. We already have a good deal of Roman items.

Chad, player of a few
Re: Armor Nouns 05/05/2013 10:43 AM CDT
Sabatons exist (I own a few off the shelf). I don't remember if my nice set were already sabatons or not, but if you're not trying to alter a specific piece of footwear you could always hunt down the ones that were sold off the shelf. They were pretty cheap.

~ The girl behind Debia

Contribute to the economy of Debia! You too can make a difference!
http://pshops.lichproject.org/shops/5314