Beards 03/28/2013 11:23 PM CDT
Sorry if this happens to be an oft-repeated suggestion, but I created my first dwarf this morning and figured I'd throw out an idea for character features.

I see a beard as a given for a dwarf, generally. I think it'd be nice if beard options were duplicated in both the facial features and distinguishing marks categories for feature selection to give folks more combinations to choose from. Both of these categories show up on the last line and are both optional selections, so I don't really feel like it would be any detriment; But it would allow folks to have distinguishing marks without having to give up on the beard.
Re: Beards 07/08/2015 05:30 PM CDT
Sorry to nerco this post, but was just playing around with my features and i realized my dwarf doesnt have a beard! By eonakes hammer it is time for dwarves to get beards, aelotoi get wings, dwarves need beards!

thank you
Re: Beards 07/08/2015 07:51 PM CDT
>> Sorry to nerco this post, but was just playing around with my features and i realized my dwarf doesnt have a beard!

Clearly you rolled up a halfling by mistake!

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Beards 07/08/2015 08:12 PM CDT
That's the problem, A beardless dwarf is just so wrong.
Re: Beards 07/08/2015 08:17 PM CDT
Many of the town have a feature pavilion that can address the issue for you. Which town are you in?

-- Robert

"All wizards are beginners; some of us have just been beginning longer!"
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 01:29 AM CDT
It's more of it should be a separate line for dwarves. While I could just get the generic has a scruffy beard line from the new look, I feel that dwarves and beards share a special place in fantasy. They're dwarves they have beards, shedwarfs have beards. Long Beards, short beards, and braid beards
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 09:07 AM CDT
Beards in two locations or a "special" place just gives me this icky feeling for those bearded dwarven ladies out there.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 10:15 AM CDT
There are also those older beards you can wear that show up in a separate line and that you can do a couple things with. Because Dwarves without beards shouldn't be allowed in town. Well, maybe elftown, and they can go and drink wine and such. (insert scoffing here)
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 01:53 PM CDT
so just looked up the creator options for beard under distinguishing mark

grizzled beard
long beard
long braided beard
neatly trimmed beard
short beard
tangled beard
thick mustache and beard

sorry,this dwarf need more!
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 01:59 PM CDT
and side question do dwarves have a guru? i know this folder is kinda dead but, feel like a NIR should comment and tell me RSN or something.
Re: Beards 07/09/2015 03:48 PM CDT
GM Aiza is the dwarf guru.

GM Scribes
Re: Beards 07/20/2015 07:55 PM CDT
Thanks scribes, and hello GM Azia
Re: Beards 07/26/2015 09:07 PM CDT

Maybe some beard love for HSN??
Re: Beards 08/02/2015 06:52 PM CDT
Unfortunately, the beard options in the pavilions are standard and don't have racial restrictions since it's to be used by everyone. Getting an extra special beard would require a feature alterer. And having a separate line in features for beards on dwarves would be terribly difficult, because beards happen for many races, unlike wings for Aelotoi.

I do have some ideas for beards, but if you guys have some, you can always email me at gs4-aiza@play.net.
Re: Beards 08/02/2015 10:47 PM CDT

True that other races can grow beards but dwarven beards are things of legend. It is a iconic feature.
Re: Beards 09/29/2015 03:53 AM CDT

So any updates yet?

Had an idea the other day, why not a merchant that sells beards that show up in features with some layers of verbs.
Basic verbs, dwarf verbs, zul logoth citizen verb, premium verbs.
Re: Beards 09/29/2015 08:34 PM CDT

there is a beard boutique in zul logoth although the barber is never in...