511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 01:36 PM CDT

The encumbrance issue is astonishing. There's a huge amount of encouragement to gain treasure, the system spews it out but the limitations are impractical. Wizard disks sometimes only hold ONE box anyway! If the Wizard is able to cast several disks for themselves based on level/training then it would open up a lot of better time spent in battle looting. An Air Wizard at cap might get ten disks. Is that so bad?
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 01:40 PM CDT
>>Is that so bad?

Depends on what the goal is. If the goal is simply to circumvent encumbrance, then yes - I'd say it is bad. That's because of the role encumbrance plays, though, and the intent to circumvent that role.

There are some good things about the proposal, though!

Doug
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:07 PM CDT
Why would you want to herd multiple disks and not just up the item limit on one disk?
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:19 PM CDT
Are you ready for...

Get third strongbox from seventh Character disk?

Chad, player of a few
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:24 PM CDT
I really, really wouldn't like to see 94 disks floating around TSC in a room of 22 characters. Even if you condensed it all into one enormous disk, which would be more straightforward, suggesting ten times as much carrying capacity is too over the top to even be considered. At that point a wizard could stay logged in and basically be used as a mobile locker.

So I can't get behind this one.

I do like hearing suggestions that would help other professions catch up to the money-making advantage sorcerers have even in a small way, though.
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:29 PM CDT
I have long felt that it would be a huge help if we were able to cast the spell AT a target--like that 90+ pound chest you just found, but can't pick up--and have the disk form around it, thereby letting you move the thing home from the hunting area.

And I would dearly love to have it be castable at a character, too, just to reduce the encumbrance of dragging him/her/it by <the capacity of the disk>. Call it a bier, a travois, whatever.
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:38 PM CDT
>> And I would dearly love to have it be castable at a character, too, just to reduce the encumbrance of dragging him/her/it by <the capacity of the disk>. Call it a bier, a travois, whatever.

I think that, just to be confusing, any spell intended to lift a body into the air should be called Raise Dead.
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 03:41 PM CDT
<beam Archsenex!>

Oh, well played, sir!
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 04:10 PM CDT

>fill disk with loot
>close disk
>turn disk over
>fill other side of disk

I could see the disk cease being floating if it was too full it could then lag slower behind your person as you traveled.
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 04:54 PM CDT

I think a loaded down disk that lags slower behind your person as you traveled should also bray like a burro.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/13/2017 05:04 PM CDT
Given the one wizard guild has a precedent for carrying people, I do think you should be able to drag a body on top of one to drag it easier.

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: 511 Update: Multiple Disks 06/14/2017 07:26 PM CDT
Use existong mechanics and train air lore to increase your disk capacity.

~ Methais