Gld Stance 02/09/2011 07:25 PM CST
Can we get gld stance's effect increased? It's annoying when I can't even help young guild members with partner reps.

- Metadi

You playfully inquire, "Why hae an edge, when ye can hae a sledge?"
Re: Gld Stance 02/09/2011 09:31 PM CST
I second this motion.
Re: Gld Stance 02/09/2011 11:14 PM CST
I'm open to the idea, but I'd like to know what sort of success rates you're talking about here. Is it literally impossible (outside of an open roll), or are we talking 10% success rate, and you want to see it increased? I assume you've tried all the usual tricks like encumbering yourself to stack up penalties?
Re: Gld Stance 02/09/2011 11:38 PM CST

Reply Delete
Literally impossible outside of an open roll. With both participants in stance offensive, the young tackler in gld stance offensive, the capped master-at-arms in gld stance guarded, a 110+ or so endroll was still needed. So, at a guess, somewhere around a 10% increase in the effect.

Another idea to throw in is maybe having any gld stance other than offensive deactivate cunning defense.

- Metadi

You playfully inquire, "Why hae an edge, when ye can hae a sledge?"
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 12:26 AM CST
Finros,

Partner reps are an outdated modicum in the current population. I've railed against them as a huge time sink.

Lets find a way to make doing guild tasks fun and doable without waiting days to find a partner, and when you do, if they can't help you, its a cosmic joke.

~Paul
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 01:30 AM CST
99% of the time you can help someone due to gld stance. I like the fact that it requires you to find someone to succeed in the guild. We can tweak this game until no one else is required to play, but to what end? I'm all for closing the gap on that last 1% though, or for making it easier to find partners.

Kerl
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 03:42 AM CST
I agree, its rare that you'll find the partner whose gap is >100 in gld stance guarded, but it does happen. I think the tying Gld stance to CDef might help in a lot of cases, but just downtweaking "Gld stance Guarded" say to 20% instead of 40% might be even easier.

There's also another thing that I remember was mentioned a long time ago: Make a tray/bench/spot on the fountain...whatever, in front of the Training Administrator that specifically holds/stores moonstone cubes. That way warriors can just drop off their spares when they come through the Guild and they can be used for training. Maybe make it like the way ballista towers stack logs and you can just have a little pile, that when you look at it says "you count 43 moonstone cubes." I remember thinking that'd be a neat little thing to have, at some time in the past.

*Mohrgan grins cheerfully*
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 04:55 AM CST
You know what else would make things easier? Either have a central "training room" that ALL the guilds across the game link to.

Meaning, you go see Klidel in The Landing, she gives you your task - you step through an arch that takes you to 'The Warrior Fields' or something like that.

All the other guilds have the same arch which takes you to the same fields.

When you go back through the arch you are returned to The Landing. Everyone else goes back to thier town too.

Yeah it's a bit hokey and such but what the hell, this is a magical world.

It keeps partner work which I really LOVE but also makes it easier to find partners spread out across the world.

Especially for things like the upper ranks of disarm which are really, really tough to find partners for.

Balinworn
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 09:00 AM CST
>You know what else would make things easier? Either have a central "training room" that ALL the guilds across the game link to.

This is why the warrior guild should have been the first one built on Mist Harbor, not one of the last in the queue.
Re: Gld Stance 02/10/2011 09:35 AM CST
>>This is why the warrior guild should have been the first one built on Mist Harbor, not one of the last in the queue.

I agree, both the Rogue's and Warrior's would have made entirely more sense. Unfortunately, this only helps premium subscribers. In turn, this would encourage some maybe to go premium or stay premium.

~Galenok