Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/08/2016 06:34 AM CDT
I would like to suggest a few updates to Weapon Bonding. Here are the current effects:

Bonding LevelEffectSwings between flares
1An attack that cannot be outright blocked or parried. (Ignores Block/Parry - Evade is still possible)4
2An attack that does extra damage upon a successful hit6
3An attack that is harder to defend against. (Lowers DS)8
4An attack that is quicker than normal. (Lowers RT by 1)10
5An attack that strikes your opponent twice.12

First, the "Swing between flares" seems to be excessive for most if not all bonding levels since these numbers are between activations. 1/13 swings for Bonding level 5 is alot, for example. I suggest for this to be adjusted down to 4,5,6,7 and 8 for each level of bonding, respectively. Possibly less.

Second, I would like to see bonding effects activate on non-standard attacks like mstrikes/berserk. Suppression of bonding effects during these attacks seems counter-intuitive particularly in the case of open mstrikes and berserk when the warrior would want any additional effects to activate. Note, Bonding level 4 would not offer a noticeable benefit during berserk.

Third, I would like to suggest a new ability for weapon bonding: manual activation of bonding flares. By focusing on their bonded weapon warriors can ensure their desired Bonding effect activates on the next swing for (X*Bonding Level) stamina. Obviously balance would be an issue here and some type of skill/stat requirements would be likely but flexibility would be vastly improved similar to the Paladin infusion update.

Thoughts?
Re: Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/08/2016 08:22 AM CDT
They all sound like great ideas to me. Picking the attack that it goes off on for a stamina cost is an especially great one. The only thing I would like to add to is the sort of blah nature of the T4. I would rather see it changed to a sort of counter that you could save up and then afterwards do a qstrike without stamina cost. Being able to pick the swing that is faster would make it far more useful. It would need to be stamina free (or greatly reduced) to make using it better than a normal Qstrike though. If it was just -1 second at the cost of stamina for the same pick you swing effect as you suggest for the other four, it would just be qstrike with more requirements.

Sweet is the sound of the pouring rain,
And the stream that falls from the hill to plain.
Better than rain or rippling brook,
Is a mug of beer inside this Took.
Re: Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/08/2016 03:25 PM CDT

Speaking of weapon bonding, do you get any break against weapon fire with a bonded weapon? I ask because Lasindriel's bonded weapon has killed her twice in the past two days. Darn Arctic Titans and their silly spells....
Re: Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/09/2016 05:07 AM CDT
>Speaking of weapon bonding, do you get any break against weapon fire with a bonded weapon? I ask because Lasindriel's bonded weapon has killed her twice in the past two days. Darn Arctic Titans and their silly spells....

There's a manoever bonus from bonding, but I doubt it applies. Its a hidden roll though so pretty much impossible to tell. Put your weapon away when it gets hit. As you level up you'll get hit less often. I got killed once when they had 10 levels on me, and had never seen the spell before, but not after that. Enchant level might count and a 0x claidh would be a bad idea.

If you are fully bonded it could hurt you, e.g. a friend disarming you to try to save you and the weapon jumping straight back into your hand to finish you off. Spotting when the spell hits and getting your weapon somewhere safe for the duration is the thing to do.
Re: Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/09/2016 07:39 PM CDT
>Put your weapon away when it gets hit.

Don't do this. It'll still flare in a container.

Put it in a disk or drop it on the ground and brawl/pull out a backup weapon.
Re: Weapon Bonding suggestions 09/09/2016 11:16 PM CDT
The change to bonding that I'd most like to see would be to change to flares/benefits that work with ALL weapon types. Right now, almost all of the effects only work with melee weapons. If we could tweak them to work with brawling and ranged/hurling, that'd be great.