Open Carn's Cry Update 08/30/2016 08:31 PM CDT
Hello warrior friends and aspiring rockstars,

Carn's Cry has been updated to knock hidden critters out of hiding if you hit them, when using the open version. Like this:

>warcry cry all
You let loose an eerie, modulating cry!
A bandit is forced from hiding!
A bandit looks at you in utter terror!
The bandit convulses with terrified shivers!

Roundtime: 3 sec.

Ixix
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/30/2016 09:02 PM CDT
Nice, I'll probably never train myself to do it, but nice.
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/31/2016 02:55 AM CDT
Great update! This will be a big help for Warriors that are not in Voln
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/31/2016 06:09 AM CDT
Critters seem largely immune to Carn's Cry when they are prone. Are they protected from being forced out of hiding as well as being frozen if they are lying down?
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/31/2016 08:00 AM CDT
Being prone should only stop a critter from being forced to run away, and they will still be forced out of hiding.

Ixix
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/31/2016 08:27 AM CDT
When a critter runs away, it freezes. When its prone, it doesn't. Normal result for standing critter, frozen in next room. Normal result for prone critter, not frozen in same room. Frozen in same room occurs a small fraction of the time in both cases, but normally prone critters do not freeze (and consequently can't be finished with coup, which is the usual reason I am using Cry)
Re: Open Carn's Cry Update 08/31/2016 11:23 AM CDT
This is an excellent update! Should make a remarkable difference on self-spelled bandit tasks, among other things. Thank you, Ixix!

Any word on if we'll be seeing an adjustment to Horland's Holler to make it easier for a master to successfully use? Being mastered and not really able to use it makes Volmir a sad panda-dwarf.