Suggestion-Heavy weapon mastery 04/18/2015 01:02 PM CDT
Even the wiki entry on warriors mentions preference for two-handed weapons. How about taking this a step further and making us the best at using two handed weapons:

Heavy weapons master
Warriors now have the innate talent to use two-handed weapons and polearms with one hand. Limited by strength bonus.

This would not allow TWC with two two-handed weapons but would allow shield use and TWC with a one-handed weapon in the offhand.

Supplemental CMAN:

Heavy weapon mastery
Can now dual wield two handed weapons. Strength bonus added to agility and dexterity bonus for all roundtime reduction calculations.
Re: Suggestion-Heavy weapon mastery 04/19/2015 11:08 AM CDT
I think this is probably too much and would force us all in the direction of two handed weapons.

I get your point though. Me, I'd like to see the ability to add some permanent resistances/weighting and/or to craft armor, shields, and ranged weapons.
Re: Suggestion-Heavy weapon mastery 04/19/2015 11:14 AM CDT
...I could also see your idea being really fun if added to berserk, Borderlands 2 style, even though I think it's still too much pushing us in one direction. Something like we can use two handed weapons one handed while berserking and we have equal training in all weapon styles (including ranged).
Re: Suggestion-Heavy weapon mastery 04/19/2015 04:25 PM CDT
This suggestion was targeted at THW i'll to try think of some others and I agree that the main concern with the suggestion is the lack of a downside but prefer to get the concept across first for discussion. Potential limitations could be additional negative RT modifiers, ambush penalty, Parry DS/chance penalty, weapon sizes limited by strength bonus, stamina regen penalty, DF penalty, etc. I think this could definitely be balanced with one/some of these given Paladins can already boost their DF, AS and flares to significant levels and Bards can basically be perma-hasted even while mstriking with high flare chances as well.

While I dont want to completely eliminate one handed weapons, poles or any other path I did want to allow warriors a distinct advantage by increasing access to heavy weaponry specifically. I do think something similar could be done for the other weapon styles to still offer advantages for each style for variety.
Re: Suggestion-Heavy weapon mastery 04/19/2015 07:41 PM CDT
Yeah, that's why I counter suggested something like Borderlands 2, in which we snatch up two weapons of whatever size while berserking and use them with equivalent skill to our normal maximum. That'd throw everything in there.