Evade mastery 03/05/2015 06:25 AM CST
Morning folks, What are your options on evade mastery and full plate? Is the cost worth the reward? I am currently trained 150 in armor and swing a two-hander. Release the option dogs of war! Thanks
Re: Evade mastery 03/05/2015 06:49 AM CST
I personally went parry mastery, as I felt the vastly declining bonus of evade mastery in full plate wasn't worth the CMP expenditure. Since I wouldn't be parrying bolts or ranged attacks, that's where the 2x dodging and damage reduction comes in- take for instance bandits, their arrows and crossbow bolts just plink for most of the time not even a minor wound, and parry mastery definitely follows up when you get the odd battleaxe multistriker bandit. Your mileage is going to vary, of course.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: Evade mastery 03/05/2015 12:31 PM CST
>>Morning folks, What are your options on evade mastery and full plate? Is the cost worth the reward? I am currently trained 150 in armor and swing a two-hander. Release the option dogs of war! Thanks

Description: Increases your chances of successfully evading an attack. The increase is higher when wearing lighter armor groups. The per rank increase is 9% while wearing Cloth armor, 7% in Leather, 5% in Scale, 3% in Chain and 1% in Plate.

1% per rank isn't enough to be worth it. Now if it had worked like parry and block mastery with a flat 5% per rank that would be a different story. If you are 2x or better in dodge, I wouldn't even bother with parry mastery unless you had nothing better to spend your cman points on.
Re: Evade mastery 03/05/2015 04:59 PM CST

Thank you guys for the input. I do have perry mastered and have really been happy with it's benefits.
Sincerely
Jeff
Re: Evade mastery 03/05/2015 06:02 PM CST
It's true you don't really need parry mastery, of course. I just use PROTECT a lot, so that extra boost halps. If I had more than ahem 202 CMPs, I would invest in Side by Side. AHEM.

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!