Martial Stances 10/31/2012 10:01 AM CDT
Hey guys, I just wanted to get some opinions on the needs for warriors in the current state of the game and potential martial stances to be added down the road. I love my lil warrior, but he hasn't seen much creature variety yet. I do know that compared to my cleric combat is alot more challenging, but that not really a fair comparison.

What kind of martial stances could benefit most warriors? increased crit ranks during the stance? Increased AS? Increased defense? Increased CML rolls? Sorry if this is bringing up old discussions
Re: Martial Stances 10/31/2012 11:53 AM CDT
For me and many others, I think we'd all prefer the cman point cost lowered on a lot of maneuvers before getting something like martial stances. I am using all 202 of my points and wish I had another 100 or more.
Re: Martial Stances 11/02/2012 03:44 PM CDT

I agree. My ideal would be for the allowance of 3x Combat Maneuver training, which would also help us catch up to some of the other magical melee professions in terms of AS and also allow us even more options in terms of CMANs, which I think would be conceptually appropriate for warriors. There isn't any CMAN that is necessarily overpowered compared to the others, otherwise everyone would train in the same thing all the time. Adding variety would fit the profile, and there is already a lot of good CMAN options out there, that we just don't have the points to take advantage of. There's really no conceptual reason why warriors shouldn't be able to figure out how to bearhug AND haymaker AND hamstring, etc. Just variety, not overpowering.

That said, I'm well aware that its been stated in the past that 3x Maneuvers ain't gonna happen, so even just lowering the CMAN costs for warriors would be an awesome step, and not open the whole can of worms about end stage AS discrepancy between professions.

So, yes, I agree, I'd rather see our access to CMAN variety expanded than having us encroach into monk territory.

*Mohrgan grins cheerfully*