Ensorcell: Blinding the Undead? 07/20/2017 07:57 AM CDT
I was looking at an old thread and apparently it is true that the undead in general are extremely good at spotting people who are hiding (or invisible?). I've barely ever played squares in the game, but I always assumed that would (and should) be true because they must be sensing your life force or spirit. The corporeal ones are rotted out as a rule, and the non-corporeal undead do not even have eye sockets. It would make little sense for the logic of ordinary sense perception and vision to apply for them.

So, you have this situation where we can layer armor with "necrotic energy", which is something left over from the death of things. What if it made it harder for the undead to "see" the wearer by providing a penalty to sniffing out their presence? It would be more for the more covered your body is by ensorcelled items, and more for more layers of necrotic energy, and could provide a use for temporary ensorcelled armor. I imagine this could have some value to rogues even if we do not use it much for ourselves.

If it were really internally consistent that partial blindness would apply to being "visible" as well, maybe some % chance of skipping an attack (or a hesitation message) on its round if it is a high tier permanent ensorcellment. You would expect anti-magical metals like kroderine to cause some blindness as well, but I figure if there is even a face showing that might look like a lighthouse to the undead, whereas the necrotic energy might mask and confuse the life force so they do not know to attack.

- Xorus' player

Several intact gravesites lie to the east. You also see a skeleton that appears dead.