Hop on Board the Logic Train! 10/31/2016 02:20 PM CDT
Hop on board the logic train, CHOO CHOO. First stop, GS4 PLAN STATION

ORIGINAL PLAN STATION. Int.

Wait till the players see what is in store
They'll have new spells, they'll have new lores
new options to train in, it'll be quite rad
they will make spells you cast not quite so bad.

So like blessings and spirits
for empaths and clerics
and fire and water then air then earth
for wizards to use with endless mirth

But sorcerers what? a mix of the two?
Dark catalyst maybe, but think this through
Mana disruption is not fire, nor is it a blessing
Are we messing with things which we should not be messing?

A new lore just for them, that is required
What a great idea, you are inspired
Necromancy and demons, with evil it drips
It's so perfect! High Five! Backflips!

Hop on board the logic train, CHOO CHOO. Next stop, Mangler Station

MANGLER STATION. Int.

So lets do 6 points for lores, that seems fair
after all, we've balanced everything else in here
So wizards pay 6? And clerics too?
And empaths pay 6 for each of their two?

Yes and sorcerers pay 6 for each of there three...
Well no, wait, that just cannot be.
A sorcererish lore to a sorcerer is primary
To a warlock or witch it cannot be ternary

Have the sorcerer pay more, for spirit and elemental
Making thus the sorcerish lore most implemental
Great idea, very good, you've done it again
It will be 6, and 7, and 7, for our dark art friend

Hop on board the logic train, CHOO CHOO. Next stop, Unintended Consequence Station

UNINTENDED CONSEQUENCE STATION. Int.

The end result of this little farce
is that sorcerer training points became quite sparse
Having three lores in which to train
is not the benefit some would claim

A burden instead of turned to be
where others train once, we train three
Fewer spells each lore affecting
Triple training is expecting

So wizards and clerics with 6 they get there
empaths are worse needing 12 by a hair
The sorcerers unfortunately bring up the last
not 6, or 12, but 20, the difference is vast

The only pure with a native need
to spend 7 points on lore indeed
A hybrid sure, but healers are too
and little lore, healers need not spend 7 on you!

If sorcerers did just pay, no more than six
What sort of changes would that add to the mix?
Over a lifetime of training, 202 ranks
606 physical points, if I can be frank.

Holy crap. That is almost 10 spells
or 10 ranks of dodge, what in seven hells
Who ever thought this was a good idea was wrong
and they necessitated me writing this idiotic song

I understand it was logical to make a sorcerish lore
and it even made sense that it should rather cost less than more
but the end result of this logical train
is that unintended consequences have ruled the game

That is actually 505,000 experience, if correct is my math
However much do I regret going down this path
This is only too, considering the shame
of a where one hybrid spends 7 and the other not the same

If we looked as well, into the issue of three
where sorcerers must train in more lores than thee
well that would make it 4848 physical points
And so...

Wait what? 4848 physical points? Are you kidding me? If a sorcerer was able to, like an empath, the other hybrid, achieve total lore modification of all his circles through training in a mere 2 lores at 6/6 instead of 3 at 6/7/7 it would save 4848 physical points? that is 4,040,000 experience post cap. That is 80 ranks of dodge. That is like giving every empath a free 10x db, and then also another free 6x db compared to a sorcerer of the same experience level.
Lets compare it to a wizard or cleric then, this is really disgusting. 7070 ptps. 5,890,000 post cap experience. That is more than enough to go from 0 to 100 ranks in dodge.

Okay thats fine, must be totally fair
I'm sure I'll find a tradeoff somewhere in here
Hmm, nope, not that, hmm no not the other
Hmm could it be, no, huh, I thought, mother

Oh I know, arcane symbols it must be
What? No, not even that? I don't see
how any of this makes a lick of sense
it would be nice to have some recompense

EPILOGUE

Making sorcerers the only profession to have to spend 7 mtps on a native lore costs a sorcerer up to 505,000 experience over 202 ranks. There is no obvious tradeoff for this.
Making sorcerers the only profession to have 3 separate lore categories to train in to fully modify their three spell circles costs a sorcerer up to 4,040,000 experience over 202 ranks, this is more than half cap. There is no tradeoff for this. This means, other training being equal, an empath will obtain total lore training 4,040,000 experience sooner than a sorcerer, which, at least at my hunting pace, is 2-3 years.
Compared to a cleric or wizard, which are not hybrids, the sorcerer spends 5,890,000 more experience to finish lores. There is no tradeoff for this either.

It made sense to give sorcerers their own lore because while nominally our spells are half spiritual, half elemental, in practice they mostly resemble neither. It also made sense that you wouldn't want a sorcerer to pay the same price for sorcerer lore as for elemental lore. But just because these may have made logical sense taken by themselves at the time, doesn't mean that combined they result in a good game system, they don't. Moving sorcerer costs on minor lores to 0/6, like empaths, would alone be a nice boon to the profession, and completely fair. We would still pay far more than any other profession, but it wouldn't be quite so insulting. If you really need sorcerer lore to cost less, don't raise the minor costs, lower the sorcerer lore cost. Make it 0/5. If you made sorcerers 5/6/6 it would equal 17, still far more than an empath's 12, or a wizard and cleric's 6. As the only lore that can only modify one circle I think you could even argue for it costing 0/3.

Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 10/31/2016 03:14 PM CDT
I do agree with you that the 7 point cost versus the Empath/Cleric/Wizard costs of 6 is a sore point.

I disagree that anyone is 'forced' into Lore. (And I emphatically disagree with LadyFleur that Wizards are "hamstrung" by first being forced into Lore in the first place, and then forced to diversify those ranks across 4 areas.)
To both points' address: Lores are extras. The spells still have their base function, whether you train in Lores or not. People who do sink in the points, get a version that is more shiny.

With that said, though... why are pre-cap Sorcerers even screwing around with non-Sorcerous Lore ranks, anyhow?
(Except, possibly, for picking up a few Summoning ranks (3-10 == +2-4 targets) to let their Fire Spirit splash a bit bigger.)

Even with the ELR, I don't see anything flashy enough in the Minor Elemental list to make my (admittedly, languishing at 25th level) Sorcerer want to split his attention away from the two Sorcerous Lores.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 10/31/2016 06:57 PM CDT
719, you can train 10 ranks for each elemental lore for a crit rank up for each individual element.

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 10/31/2016 10:04 PM CDT
Like the song - good stuff! Just a minor curiosity, how long did it take?

Doug
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/01/2016 11:47 PM CDT
You can't just cherry pick a single statistic (TPs spent to max lore training) like that.

Yes, sorcs pay far more to max lore training.

The tradeoff is that for their main circle, clerics have to choose between different 3 lores topics, wizards 4 different lores, and empaths 5 different lores (but split 2/3 across two lore types). Sorcerers have essentially 2 lore topics for their main circle.

For the same number of TPs spent on lores, Sorcerers get far more access to their lore benefits. 606 MTPs in, a 0.5x/0.5x sorcerer is doing just fine.

Meanwhile, the wizard might have 50 Air Lore for Haste, 40 Earth for 2 uses of STOP TIME, and 11 to split between Water and Fire for... whatever.

If a bolting cleric wants to be able to make 100% chrisms and cast web bolt, then they're at 15 Religion, 65 Blessing, 20 Summoning, and have 1 rank to play with. If they want combat effectiveness, they'll want a pile of Summoning for 240 and Religion for 317, so put chrisms on the back burner for a while.

Like a sorcerer, an empath can get a lot of effectiveness out of their spells once they max out all the lores, but at 606 MTPs, there's no difference between 1x mental, 1x spiritual, or any split between the two. There's tons of stuff pulling the empath in different directions: Summoning for 240 and Wither, Telepathy for 1117, Manipulation for a lot of stuff, Transformation for healing, and Blessing for Sunfist empaths to restore stamina.

Once you break 606 MTPs, an empath definitely pulls ahead in efficiency, since 1x Mental Lore and 1x Spiritual Lore is way cheaper than 2x Spirit/Elemental/Sorcerous.

Sorcerers pay the most to max lore training, but get access to more of the bonuses from that training, and get most of them sooner. Wizards and clerics pay the least, but have to make harder decisions about what lores to train and what bonuses to pass up on. Empaths are somewhere in the middle.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 12:34 AM CDT
>You can't just cherry pick a single statistic (TPs spent to max lore training) like that.

This. You could make claims about unfair training costs all day. For example, it seems very counter-intuitive that wizards pay more for elemental mana control than sorcerers do. Sorcerers pay more for spell aiming than wizards, and clerics pay even more still. Everyone pays double for AS/MIU compared to wizards. Etc., etc.

Really I think the important question is balance, looking at the big picture. Is a 1x cap sorcerer weaker overall than other 1x cap pures? What about at 2x cap? 3x cap? Pre-cap? If the sorcerer really is weaker than other pures at any given training level, are lore training costs to blame?
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 06:38 PM CDT
Nice song
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 06:53 PM CDT

>You can't just cherry pick a single statistic (TPs spent to max lore training) like that.

>Yes, sorcs pay far more to max lore training.

>The tradeoff is that for their main circle, clerics have to choose between different 3 lores topics, wizards 4 different lores, and empaths 5 different lores (but split 2/3 across two lore types). Sorcerers have essentially 2 lore topics for their main circle.

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope.

Each pure profession has about 75 spells, for us to lore modify our 75 spells we need to spend 0/20, wizards 0/6, clerics 0/6, empaths 0/12

That is one statistic. Here is another.

When a wizard trains in fire lore, he gets benefits in the 400s, 500s, 900s. Three spell circles. When a cleric trains in summoning lore or blessings it is much the same.

The number of circles, the number of spells, granted a benefit for each individual rank of any given lore is exponentially higher among wizards and clerics than among sorcerers. Empaths sitting somewhere in between.

So you can put forth your poorly thought out rebuttal and hope I can't do things like division, but sorry, I can, I've done it in the past.

But when you say things like this:

>For the same number of TPs spent on lores, Sorcerers get far more access to their lore benefits. 606 MTPs in, a 0.5x/0.5x sorcerer is doing just fine.

I think you struggle with math. Simply add up the number of spells modified by a lore and compare. You're training in a lore to modify spells in 3 circles, and you think you get less utility out of that than a sorcerer modifying a single circle? You do know sorcerers know the 100s and 400s right? Those are ours too. Every time we train in a sorcerer lore we get precisely nothing to help 66% of our spells.

Finally, you are correct in one thing, That with 202 ranks to play with a wizard must choose how to allocate between the four elements to benefit 3 circles. Similar how, with 202 ranks to play with, a sorcerer has to allocate how he might want to benefit a single circle. Not that any sorcerer under 30 million experience is likely to have 202 ranks in elemental lore. What, its the choice? There are some really good lore implementations in the 900s and 500s that make choosing hard? A good powerful lore implementation is a negative? Really? This you will hang your hat on?

Well okay, but I will say one last thing. You know who knows about the needs to make these choices? GMs do. There is no standard lore seed progression used on all spells, every single lore seed progression is based upon the relative power being granted and the relative ability likelihood of it being attained. A GM knows a wizard with 202 fire lore has a tremendous opportunity cost, and every single wizard spell has been designed accordingly. So you can't really say "well you're .5x in each sorcerer lore and you're doing fine" which is about as objective as a russian figure skating judge, by the way, because the relative power of each spell is completely based on training expectations. This is similar to how 425 is known as a phantom bonus, which you can Google if you've never heard that before. The issue is the minor circles, minor circle lore modifications are built under the assumption you are single training in that respective lore, as wizards do, as clerics do, as sorcerers start typically postcap. That is the rub. We get far less utility for 66% of our spells.

Now, you could go and edit 50 spells in the 100s and 400s and come up with a sorcerer lore tie-in for each and then maybe your comment of us "doing just fine" with only sorcerer lore training would have held water. But as I'm sure you know, you need elemental lore training to modify the 400s, and spiritual lore training to modify the 100s.

And if there was some universal lore seed progression standard you might have a point about the choices made, but there isn't. Every single elemental lore implementation was designed with the knowledge that players would have to make a choice between 4 lores, and the bonuses were designed accordingly. Our magic system is not a science that has to follow natural laws like real world physics, it is whatever the GMs want to do in the name of fun and game balance. If sorcerers did not know the 100s and 400s and instead knew the 1500s and 1800s and had BananaLore for the 1500s to train in and AppleLore for the 1800s to train in I wouldn't have nearly as strong a position because you could accurately say that those circle's lore implementations were of course designed knowing that sorcerers would be paying so much for lore they would have very few ranks. Alas we share the 100s and 400s with like a half dozen other professions so if the GMs designed these lore implementations for the average sorcerer lore training (which is probably 0.05x precap), they would be intensely overpowered for wizards or clerics (probably 1.25x precap), so they're designed toward the strong and there you have it.

The bottom line is it is neither right nor fair for sorcerers to basically not be able to afford any significant lore modifications to 66% of their spells until they're postcap. It is quite frankly ridiculous. And remember, we don't even pay 0/6 for single lores LIKE EVERY OTHER PURE PROFESSION. We're paying 0/7. zero seven. It is like a surcharge on a penalty. The logic train has gone off the rails.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 07:07 PM CDT

>This. You could make claims about unfair training costs all day. For example, it seems very counter-intuitive that wizards pay more for elemental mana control than sorcerers do. Sorcerers pay more for spell aiming than wizards, and clerics pay even more still. Everyone pays double for AS/MIU compared to wizards. Etc., etc.

Wizards pay more for EMC than any other pure pays for their native MC (the single spell in the entire mangler where wizards have that distinction)

This is wrong and should be fixed, I've said this before. If anything, as the most physical pure, clerics should pay more, but some GM in the past had a real love affair with priests and somehow they got defined as both the most physical pure (look at them cheap training costs, even post paladin implementation) and "masters of mana"

But this isn't about knocking down others, but raising sorcerers up.

Wizards should go to 0/3 for EMC but 0/2 for scroll reading. Sorcerers should go to 0/1 for scroll reading. This seems obvious for obvious reasons. So a wizard 2x in Arcane Symbols and 2x in EMC would notice exactly no change, it would just be a shift. But the sorcerer would get the benefit. It seems weird doesn't it?

Did you know, bit of trivia, sorcerers are the only pure without a 1/1 or 1/0 or 0/1 skill in the mangler? There is, in fact, not a single mangler skill that is commonly trained in (most/all professions train in it) that sorcerers pay the lowest cost in. EVERY SINGLE OTHER PROFESSION in the game has one or multiple such skills where they're top dog, sorcerers do not. The problem is, I've said before, we really did not have a good advocate when the GS4 change came around (probably why our major spell implementation was delayed again and again, forcing the PM at the time to give us a public apology for, her words, forgetting about us).

So ya...
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 07:10 PM CDT

There is also a factoring bug in how training points are calculated whereby any profession, such as sorcerers, with a prime stat that is aura or discipline ends up with fewer total TPs. This also of course affects wizards. I've mentioned this for years but no one seems to care. I forget the exact numbers off the top of my head but the end result is the maximum TPs for a sorcerer with all 100s in his stats is 57/57 whereas for a cleric or ranger it is 60/60.

Its like an onion, so many layers of how sorcerers get the short end of the stick with training points.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 09:17 PM CDT
>Wizards pay more for EMC than any other pure pays for their native MC (the single spell in the entire mangler where wizards have that distinction)

Again, it doesn't make sense to look at these things in isolation. Yes, higher MC cost than all other pures, but lower spell aim and AS/MIU than others. Question is whether it causes imbalance on the whole. I'm not sure you're making that case.

>This is wrong and should be fixed, I've said this before. If anything, as the most physical pure, clerics should pay more, but some GM in the past had a real love affair with priests and somehow they got defined as both the most physical pure (look at them cheap training costs, even post paladin implementation) and "masters of mana"

Clerics also pay the highest for spell aiming of all pures. (9/6 for 2x training, which is necessary if you do it at all. Compare to 9/3 for the others, except wizards at 6/3.) Again, none of these things can be taken in isolation.

>There is also a factoring bug in how training points are calculated whereby any profession, such as sorcerers, with a prime stat that is aura or discipline ends up with fewer total TPs. This also of course affects wizards. I've mentioned this for years but no one seems to care. I forget the exact numbers off the top of my head but the end result is the maximum TPs for a sorcerer with all 100s in his stats is 57/57 whereas for a cleric or ranger it is 60/60.

It's 50/60 (or 60/50 or 55/55) for professions that don't have AU as a prime, and 52/57 for professions that do (wiz, sorc, and bard I think). 1 point difference, a mild theoretical annoyance, but I don't think it actually affects anyone because the actual numbers are rounded down and no one can get to all 100s, meaning no one can reach 50/60 (but you CAN actually reach 52/57). I think the real annoyance here for wizards and sorcs is not having as many MTPs as other pures, and all pures are usually short on these unless they're mutants.

Anyway, maybe you're right and a case can be made that the different training costs makes sorcs weaker, taken as a whole, than the other pures. But I think it's an empirical question and, speaking for myself, you're not convincing me... I don't think it's just a matter of naked logic in the numbers.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 10:04 PM CDT
"[Clerics as] "masters of mana"" -- Virilneus

This goes back a ways. :)

In RoleMaster, the act of sending Power Points from one character to another was called "channeling". The skill you spent your Development Points in to do that, was called Channeling.

One of the three Realms of Magic was also called, Channeling. (The other two being Essence [Mages], and Mentalism [nothing ever implemented in GemStoneIII].)
Clerics and Healers were both casters in the Channeling Realm, so they had cheap DevPt training costs in the Channeling skill.

That mindset carried straight across into the deICE, and our current training costs.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/02/2016 11:43 PM CDT
Your points might be better if you could make them without the insults and selective quoting.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 07:41 AM CDT

>Again, it doesn't make sense to look at these things in isolation. Yes, higher MC cost than all other pures, but lower spell aim and AS/MIU than others. Question is whether it causes imbalance on the whole. I'm not sure you're making that case.

I'm not looking at these things in isolation. I'm underscoring the situation as a whole, just because you're using the words "in isolation" does not mean that is actually going on.

Saying "Every profession should be the best at something, sorcerers are the only profession where this is not true." is not looking at things in isolation.

Pointing out how we're the only pure expected to train in three lore skills, and for each of those skills to modify only 1/3rd of our known spells, is not looking at things in isolation.

We're also the only pure without access to a major circle, which by definition is more powerful than a minor circle.

Maybe once upon a time there was a tradeoff because we were the best hunters because critters had a base 3 TD per level (and that was it) and wizards didn't have a good CS attack spell, empaths had no attack spells, and clerics only had one that worked on the undead, meanwhile we had old style DC. But you couldn't really say that now. Every pure (and some semis) have a riff on DC (a multiple damage warding spell). DC itself was vastly weakened, and critter TDs are not longer as easy to hit (in fact, the AS based spell system enjoys higher hit rates now). Sorcerers haven't been the kings of hunting power in 15 years. Empaths probably are still, though Boneshatter was downtweaked it remains the best sub level 10 warding spell, Wither is as good as any similar spell, and the strong influence PF training has on maneuver defense has given hunting empaths an incredible gift. And because armor hindrances bias against elemental they're doing it in thicker armor than either a sorcerer or wizard.

You would seem to posit that there is some sort of counteracting benefit we get for all of these slights. Well, what is it? A fun component based spell casting system?

Kaedra, a cleric, recently became the first person to reach the true cap of Gemstone, full training in every single skill. It took her ~68m experience. I haven't done this calculation but do you want to guess how long it'd take a sorcerer to do the same? I'm thinking probably closer to 90 million experience. Now that is certainly not in isolation, that takes into account everything.

Here are some more statistics.

PHYSICAL TRAINING COSTS
Aggregate Total for all weapon/armor/cm/dodge/moc skills

Cleric: 128/57
Wizard: 158/66
Empath: 159/68
Sorcerer: 160/68

UTILITY TRAINING COSTS
Aggregate Total for all pt, first aid, survival, climb, swim

Empath: 13/2
Cleric: 18/3
Wizard: 21/3
Sorcerer: 21/3

MAGICAL TRAINING COSTS
Aggregate total for HP, Spell Aiming, MIU, AS.

Wizard: 2/7
Empath: 3/9
Sorcerer: 3/9
Cleric: 3/10

MANA CONTROL TRAINING COSTS
This one is harder to calculate, because of hybrid status. Mana control can function as a lore skill, so a wizard can train in 1 control and get benefit (after the lore review) to 3 circles. Same with clerics. Empaths to two circles, a sorcerer to one each, or one and a half each. As such, on that sorcerers pay the most for the least benefit. But ignoring that. Looking at mana return benefit…

Cleric: 900 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
Wizard: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
Sorcerer: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
Empath: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.

You'll notice sorcery never makes it to first place.

If Simu did what I asked, make sorcerer lore training costs 5/6/6 instead of 6/7/7, switched us to 0/1 on AS. We would still have the highest training costs of the pure professions. We would be last for physical costs (clerics first), we would be tied for last for utility skills (empaths first), we would be second for magical skills (wizards first). And still last on lore and tied for last on mana control. The only real positional change would we would move from tied in 2nd on magical to a true 2nd place, thats it. It just wouldn't suck quite as bad, we'd still be behind everyone else, we'd just not be quite as far behind. This should not be controversial.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 09:12 AM CDT
"critter TDs are not longer as easy to hit (in fact, the AS based spell system enjoys higher hit rates now)." -- Virilneus

This amuses me to no end, given the vituperative posts over in the Wizards about how much bolts suck at cap and they're unreliable as a means of killing. According to over there, it is all about Teh Warding Spells at that level range.

(And I have to say, there are some good points being made. Sure, bolts can hit... but nothing says that hit is going to come anywhere near a kill. Whereas the warding spells--in the points being made over there--of Empaths & Clerics & Sorcerers (& even Bards!) are racking up kills left and right.)

<fully capped training> -- ibid
and
<'requirement' to train in Lore> -- ibid

Ahh, but weapon skills and utility skills (climb, swim, perception, survival, and so on) and the MiscMagic (symbols & items) and all the physical stuff (armor, weapons, dodge/CMan/PhysTrain) are all single-train for both. Costs may vary, but a single-trained skill is a single-trained skill.

Sure, the Cleric did it faster than a Sorcerer will.
Because a Cleric can only double-train in a single Realm of Lore, and a Sorcerer can double-train in three (3) of the four.

(I was going to throw Mana Control in there--a Cleric can only multi-train in a single Realm of Mana Control, and a Sorcerer can multi-train in two (2) of the three--but both of them can wind up with a total of 5 ranks of Mana Control. Cleric gets 3/1/1, Sorcerer gets 2/2/1.)

However, the viewpoint should not be that this is a 'requirement', without which your character is crippled. (Wizards keep trying to say the same thing.) The spell already works as-is.
These are opportunities to improve multiple facets of your spells... as well as whatever can be cast from trinkets/imbeds/created items, and from scrolls, and so on.

I still don't see any reason why a Sorcerer would even want to train in non-Sorcerous Lores any substantial number of levels before cap.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 10:29 AM CDT

>This amuses me to no end, given the vituperative posts over in the Wizards about how much bolts suck at cap and they're unreliable as a means of killing. According to over there, it is all about Teh Warding Spells at that level range.

Well I put my mana where my mouth is, I primarily hunt with AS spells because I find them more effective.

>I still don't see any reason why a Sorcerer would even want to train in non-Sorcerous Lores any substantial number of levels before cap.

Because we like to modify 66% of our spells that would otherwise remain unmodified?
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 11:32 AM CDT
This is probably an "opportunity cost" issue. The fact is that sorcerers can 2x train in Spirit Lore, Elemental Lore, and Sorcerer Lore.

This is the table comparison of training and base mtp cost. Basically the Sorcerer has access to more lore training than any other profession. I don't think it's truly imbalanced...

Spiritual Lore Mental Lore Elemental Lore Sorcerer Lore
Empath 2x / 6mtps 2x / 6mtps 1x / 20mtps 1x / 20mtps
Cleric 2x / 6mtps 1x / 20mtps 1x / 20mtps 1x / 10mtps
Wizard 1x / 20mtps 1x / 20mtps 2x / 6mtps 1x / 10mtps
Sorcerer 2x / 7mtps 1x / 20mtps 2x / 7mtps 2x / 6mtps

If you 1x in each lore then:

Empath spends 52 mtps
Cleric spends 56 mtps
Wizard spends 56 mtps
Sorcerer spends 40 mtps

Lore training is obviously helpful, but not necessary for everything. On top of this, Sorcerers tend to get the most from lores because of how they leverage scrolls so frequently. This makes outside lores more "useful" (in my opinion) for sorcerers in general.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 03:03 PM CDT

>Empath spends 52 mtps
>Cleric spends 56 mtps
>Wizard spends 56 mtps
>Sorcerer spends 40 mtps

When you're that disingenuous I think it only reflects poorly on yourself. You've hit upon a brilliant discovery sir, sorcerers pay less for elemental lore than clerics do. Bravo! Where will you publish this incredible finding?

> Basically the Sorcerer has access to more lore training than any other profession.

That is like saying airline passengers today have access to more surcharges than 10 or 20 years ago. It isn't really a good thing.

Yes, when you're at 30 million experience, a sorcerer is likely to have more total lore ranks than a cleric or wizard, and they will have paid dearly for them, with a higher average cost per rank than any other pure. This is obviously a huge benefit to sorcerers because total lore ranks are used in a myriad of game formulas such as..... well.... hmmm... maybe, no.... ummm... Okay, I got one, it is a runestaff skill. So the sorcerer is likely to have a slightly higher runestaff DS, meanwhile the wizard and cleric will have a higher overall DS thanks to the 100 ranks of dodge they were able to afford by having cheaper overall training costs.

I think you're forgetting about Return on Investment, or ROI. What you get for what you give. Total lore ranks is a meaningless metric, what matters is what you get for them, and with sorcerers only getting a single circle (with basically one exception in DC) out of each lore type, they have the worst ROI for lore training.

Think of it like bullets, do you remember that old movie Sniper? It was subtitled "One shot, one kill." except at the very end in the climax they call for "One shot, two kills" like the scene in Indiana Jones where he uses a luger to shoot through a column of nazis in a single shot. Wizards and clerics get three kills with one bullet. Empaths get 3 kills with 2 bullets. Sorcerers need a full 3 bullets to get 3 kills.... and you say this is an advantage? We got to shoot more bullets, yay us? Like Chewbacca living on Endor, this does not make sense.

>On top of this, Sorcerers tend to get the most from lores because of how they leverage scrolls so frequently.

That is entirely specious. As if the drastically reduced benefit from a non self cast spell makes up for tripled training costs, even if sorcerers use scrolls marginally more than other pures, which on balance is doubtful. Wizards, after all, have the easiest arcane symbol skill advancement. Plus, you know, magical items exist.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 03:06 PM CDT

By the way, if we're going to toss out disingenuous nonsense.

COST TO TRAIN IN A MAJOR CIRCLE SPELL
Wizard: 8 mtps
Cleric: 8 mtps
Empath: 8 mtps
Sorcerer: infinity

Sorcerers are way in last place for training major circle spells.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 03:38 PM CDT
On the other hand, the Cleric is unlikely to even bother with Elemental Lore, no matter how much it helps with activated wands or scrolls. (Until/unless they are incredibly bored post-capped people like Kaedra.)
(And by the same token, substitute "Wizards" and "Spirit", likewise.)

The Sorcerer DOES get a gain. And they get it cheap, to start.
(But again, I wouldn't bother with either, until I was done with Sorcerous Lore.)

In fact, the Sorcerer pays only a single point more (to DOUBLE) than the opposite-Realm caster pays (to single). And that is the metric that you really should be using when you compare, not the in-Realm specialist. In-Realm is always going to be best. Period. Same with Weapon Skills, and Arms Realm (i.e. "squares").

Where we are hampered, is in there being Only One Spell List in the minor spot. Compare with RoleMaster, where there were like a bajillion lists considered "Open" (Minor), half a hojillion "Closed" (Major), and of course Profession list(s) for each Profession. When you're a spellcaster learning spells from over here (for cheap) and more spells from over there (for cheap) and some from somewhere else (for cheap), those savings add up.

Some things do not translate well to a more limited environment, which is part of why I think the Spirit/Elemental Lore is largely a fail for Sorcerers. (Until/unless they get to be fully trained up in Sorcerous, and are bored with points to throw at it.) Flexible, sure, I can make use of Spirit scrolls/items (with Lore benefit) and I can make use of Elemental scrolls/items (with Lore benefit), but I can't CAST anything to benefit from either of them, really.
If the Sorcerer base list had Spirit/Elemental tie-ins, IN ADDITION TO the Sorcerous Lore tie-ins, that would be much sexier.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/03/2016 11:37 PM CDT
>MANA CONTROL TRAINING COSTS
>This one is harder to calculate, because of hybrid status. Mana control can function as a lore skill, so a wizard can train in 1 control and get benefit (after the lore review) to 3 circles. Same with clerics. Empaths to two circles, a sorcerer to one each, or one and a half each. As such, on that sorcerers pay the most for the least benefit. But ignoring that. Looking at mana return benefit…
>Cleric: 900 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
>Wizard: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
>Sorcerer: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.
>Empath: 1200 MTPS for +15 mana return per pulse.

Your math is off here because you're not accounting for how hybrids work (and probably for other reasons -- I have no idea what assumptions you made to get sorcs/empaths on the same level as wizards). +15 is 150 ranks, which even at cap necessarily spans a jump from 1x-2x training (or 2x-3x) for clerics and wizards, but not for sorcerers and empaths because they can 1x both their skills for more ranks and for the equivalent effect. At lower levels of training sorcs, empaths, and clerics are equivalent on a training point basis, while clerics fare worse in high post-cap, and wizards are always worse on this count.

For example, for a level 100 cleric to get +15 mana return, the cleric needs to train up to 150 ranks at a cost of 600 MTP. A sorcerer or empath gets that same benefit by training 100 ranks in each of their two MCs, for the same total 600 MTP. If a capped cleric gets 300 ranks of SMC, it costs ~2100 MTP for a total benefit of +30 mana return. Sorcerers and empaths spend ~900 MTP to get each of their two MCs to 200 ranks, or ~1800 MTP total, for the same +30. Wizards are the real losers here, spending ~1200 MTP for their max 200 ranks (+20 max).

>Saying "Every profession should be the best at something, sorcerers are the only profession where this is not true." is not looking at things in isolation.

Every profession should be the best at something. There's no reason it has to be "best" in terms of "lowest base training costs". Sorcerers can do a lot of things no other characters can. And maybe sorcerers have already been balanced overall against other professions on the assumption they will be training these lores just like other pures (e.g. 1x total lore training spread across all their lores). Maybe it's balanced similarly to the mana controls -- in view of the fact that, just after cap, they still have more things to train at 1x cost, while "pure" pures are stuck training the same things at 2x cost to get any improvements. Or maybe this is not balanced correctly, but again, I don't think the answer is in the numbers alone, independent of their real effects in the game.

Also, I think the other posters made a good point about the ability of sorcerers to access out of circle spells with their scroll skills, and that their relatively lower training costs across three different lore categories are an added bonus to their out-of-circle spells. It is one advantage no other pure has. This is one piece of the big-picture balance question.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 08:08 AM CDT

>Your math is off here because you're not accounting for how hybrids work (and probably for other reasons -- I have no idea what assumptions you made to get sorcs/empaths on the same level as wizards). +15 is 150 ranks, which even at cap necessarily spans a jump from 1x-2x training (or 2x-3x) for clerics and wizards, but not for sorcerers and empaths because they can 1x both their skills for more ranks and for the equivalent effect. At lower levels of training sorcs, empaths, and clerics are equivalent on a training point basis, while clerics fare worse in high post-cap, and wizards are always worse on this count.

You're right, a slight error. I did that calculation back in 2009 so I don't know what was going on with it. I pulled it off an old blog.

>Every profession should be the best at something. There's no reason it has to be "best" in terms of "lowest base training costs".

No, good game balance and game design would dictate that the scales are always balanced. If every single other profession has something they're the best in, you can't randomly say "well some unknown nebulous other game feature undoubtedly makes up for your lack of being the prime profession for any one training skill." You're picking something from a completely different aspect of the game to "balance" something from another aspect of the game, when the former might actually exist to balance something completely different.

>And maybe sorcerers have already been balanced overall against other professions on the assumption they will be training these lores just like other pures (e.g. 1x total lore training spread across all their lores).

This is impossible because the 100s and 400s are shared spell circles, shared by warriors, rangers, bards, rogues, wizards, empaths, clerics, and paladins. Their lore implementations are not "balanced for sorcerers" who mostly cannot afford any lore training precap for 66% of their spells. They're balanced against wizards and clerics and empaths because, otherwise, they would end up too powerful for wizards and empaths and clerics which would disrupt hunting balance. Think about this, a level 90 ranger, bard, or paladin is likely to have more lore modifications for their minor circle than a sorcerer does. They're not even pures.

>Also, I think the other posters made a good point about the ability of sorcerers to access out of circle spells with their scroll skills, and that their relatively lower training costs across three different lore categories are an added bonus to their out-of-circle spells. It is one advantage no other pure has. This is one piece of the big-picture balance question.

Ya, no. You obviously still have no concept what ROI is, I prescribe Google to rectify that. It is like you don't understand that clerics and wizards don't need to train in opposite sphere lores, its a very strange position to hold. The only person I've seen ever to state that clerics needed to train in elemental lore, or wizards in spiritual lore is Doug, and I'm beginning to suspect you're an alt of his.

A. Clerics and wizards can train in one lore sphere for 6 mtps and modify 75 native cast spells with it.
B. Sorcerers can spend 7 mtps and modify 25 native cast spells, and then another 7 and modify another 75 native cast spells, and then another 6 and modify another 25 native cast spells.

Any profession can use scrolls, any profession can use magical items. The game is literally crawling with self chargers nowadays (I use more magic items when spelling up for a hunt than scrolls, they're just so easy to get). You get 1/3rd lore benefit for professional circle spells cast in this way, you get 1/2 benefit for non professional circle spells cast in this way. We're talking at the end game 5 million experience, that would take someone like me 2 and a half years to obtain. You think two and a half years of hunting is balanced by a tiny marginal utility of being slightly more likely to have lores to modify more non native spells when used off a scroll or magic item?

Do you know why sorcerers have scroll infusion? It isn't so we can take advantage of our lore training by using non native spells. The reason we have it is because for the majority of our existence we were the only pure without any utility spells. The thing was, we were the best hunters, but we missed out on utility. Then we were nerfed in our hunting ability and that sucked for many years, I call those the dark ages. We went from being one of the most popular professions (when the fame lists first launched it was dark elf sorcerer city) to one of the least (and actually stayed that way until ensorcell came out, since then numbers have recovered some). Finally, after much complaining by myself and others, they said they'd give us utility spells to make up for the hunting prowess they took away. So we got scroll infusion and there was a plan for ensorcell, it took a long time to come out though. Do you know why I know these things? I lived through them, and also these were the official Simutronics positions on the matter. I'm not guessing about motivations for any of these changes, we were told by game management these reasons.

Our lore implementation exists because hybrid spellcasting was poorly thought out in the transition to gs4, it has nothing to do with the fact that we have scroll infusion.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 09:45 AM CDT
What lore bonuses in the 100s or 400s make you care this much? Honest question.

Also the elemental lores effect 719, 710, and 730 since HSN. They stated they would have done 720 too but couldn't come up with any good reasons that made sense.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 10:11 AM CDT
It would help if there were Sorcerous Lore effects in the two minor lists.

I'm not sure what, but it would help. :)
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 11:02 AM CDT
>>When you're that disingenuous I think it only reflects poorly on yourself. You've hit upon a brilliant discovery sir, sorcerers pay less for elemental lore than clerics do. Bravo! Where will you publish this incredible finding?

Sooooo, you're just going to ignore the fact that Sorcerers can 2x in both Spirit and Elemental lores, and then use scrolls better than any other profession to gain the advantages of those lores - for less TPs than any other profession?

Sounds like you're the one being disingenuous.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 03:17 PM CDT

>Sooooo, you're just going to ignore the fact that Sorcerers can 2x in both Spirit and Elemental lores, and then use scrolls better than any other profession to gain the advantages of those lores - for less TPs than any other profession?

Yes, I've disputed that several times, and so if you want to characterize that as me ignoring it, so be it. It is quite frankly an asinine argument, that these 0/7 lores are worth it for the either half or third bonus you might get should you choose to gain an outside spell from a scroll. And that this balances with the cleric or wizard ability to boost 75 native spells for a cost of 0/6.

Do you want to know how I know that lore benefits on scroll-invoked spells are not the justification for the poorly done hybrid lore implementation sorcerers "enjoy"? Two reasons. 1. Its crazy, and GMs sometimes make mistakes, but they're not crazy. 2. You probably don't know this, but lore benefits for invoked spells did not always exist. It wasn't until March of 2008 that this was done. ~ 5 years after lores were introduced and mangler skill costs were set.

So if we're looking to solve the mystery of why sorcerers got the short end of the lore implementation stick when GS4 was designed in 2003, we should, you know, look at something that at least existed in 2003.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 03:21 PM CDT

>It would help if there were Sorcerous Lore effects in the two minor lists.

Uh huh

It just seems that it'd be easier to just adjust the skill costs than think of lore implementations for all those spells. Just think of how long the elore review has taken?

And again, people, I'm not asking for the world here. I'm asking to go from 0/20 to 0/18 or at most 0/17 when other professions are at 0/6 and 0/12
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/04/2016 11:41 PM CDT
>Ya, no. You obviously still have no concept what ROI is, I prescribe Google to rectify that. It is like you don't understand that clerics and wizards don't need to train in opposite sphere lores, its a very strange position to hold. The only person I've seen ever to state that clerics needed to train in elemental lore, or wizards in spiritual lore is Doug, and I'm beginning to suspect you're an alt of his.

Seriously, dude? For the number of times I've called you out on basic arithmetic errors in this thread, I really don't know why you'd assume MY unfamiliarity with basic concepts from econ 101 that aren't really all that pertinent to this analysis. More generally, you've been more than a little dismissive and insulting to everyone who's responded on this thread. It's a wonder anyone's responding at all at this point... and you're certainly not persuading anyone this way.

Anyhow, this is a straw man argument. I never said clerics HAVE TO train in any lores other than spiritual. I just noted that the fact that sorcerers can train two extra lores to a greater number of ranks and at lesser cost than other professions (yielding some benefit to outside spell-casting) is ONE benefit that should factor into the analysis. Not the entire justification for this setup, to be sure. But one factor of the big-picture balance question. Do you really deny it's of any benefit at all?

Another part of the overall balance equation would be if a sorcerer's spells plus their outside circles standing alone own (maybe with something less than 1x sorcerous lore) were as good as the spells of other pures across all three circles (with 1x in their respective lores). Lores aren't all THAT great in general for other professions. Many people don't even do 1x with them before cap.

Another source of balance could come from the fact that all lores have diminishing returns. You don't account for this at all in your base training cost analysis (ranks 1-100 are much more valuable than ranks 101-200). Meaning that, at least in post-cap training, non-hybrid pures are spending double training points to get from 1x to 2x in their only source of lores, at diminishing benefits. Meanwhile, sorcerers at the same level of experience are training their two secondary circles up to 1x (at nearly half the cost, each) for much greater benefits on a per-rank basis. It's kind of like the mana control analysis for the hybrids, but a bit harder to quantify since lore benefits don't reduce to a hard number (like +10 mana return or whatever).

Your complaint about each lore affecting only one circle each isn't strictly accurate, as others have pointed out, because elemental lores affect some sorcerer spells. (Also, SL:summoning affects cursing.) Sure, sorcerous lores don't affect the minor circles, but I would say the question is whether their benefits to sorcery spells are strong enough to make them worth it, taking into account that they only modify one circle.

Your complaint is also not accurate with respect to clerics... like sorcerous lore, SL:Religion doesn't affect two of their three spell circles at all. And unlike sorcerous lore, they have to actually make a trade-off on this one with their other two SL skills (and again, above 1x training, this is a trade-off involving double TPs). I could write a long and myopic essay on how unfair it is compared to empaths (or sorcerers!), who don't have to make such a trade-off with their spiritual lores... but I'd have to think about it more, because maybe that apparent imbalance is made up for elsewhere. This is what I mean when I say you can't look at these things in isolation.

At the end of the day, your argument is half-baked at best and you can't seem to tolerate genuine debate on this issue, so I disagree with you just on general principle and am signing off on this one. Toodles.

-Amminar, who is most definitely not Doug.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/05/2016 01:21 AM CDT
>>I'm beginning to suspect you're an alt of his.

Hey, Amminar - get off my lawn! Good post, though.

Seriously, V - You missed my point then. You're missing others' points now, it seems. Still, don't use your spite towards me as a weapon against others.

Doug - now with definitive proof that glue reconstitutes to dead horse in 7 years.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/05/2016 08:04 AM CDT

>Seriously, dude? For the number of times I've called you out on basic arithmetic errors in this thread,

Once, which I admitted.

> I never said clerics HAVE TO train in any lores other than spiritual.

Backtracking already? When I was wrong on something I admitted it, I don't pretend I was saying something else. You made a little list of aggregate lore costs for each pure profession including lores for which a profession gains no native benefit and in which GMs do not intend for them to train. My complaint involves only skills in which a profession is intended to train.

>I just noted that the fact that sorcerers can train two extra lores to a greater number of ranks and at lesser cost than other professions (yielding some benefit to outside spell-casting) is ONE benefit that should factor into the analysis.

Again, I don't know you, but I'm guessing you've only recently started playing having such a poor grasp of historic development in this game. Lores for non native spells did not exist for a full 5 years after lore mangler costs were created. If one had anything to do with the other they would have come about the same time.

You also conveniently ignore the fact that every single profession can use non native magic spells, clerics and empaths even can steal spells from other casters, and wizards are the best at using magic items. Using non native spells is not a sorcerer exclusive skill.

>Another source of balance could come from the fact that all lores have diminishing returns. You don't account for this at all in your base training cost analysis (ranks 1-100 are much more valuable than ranks 101-200). Meaning that, at least in post-cap training, non-hybrid pures are spending double training points to get from 1x to 2x in their only source of lores, at diminishing benefits. Meanwhile, sorcerers at the same level of experience are training their two secondary circles up to 1x (at nearly half the cost, each) for much greater benefits on a per-rank basis. It's kind of like the mana control analysis for the hybrids, but a bit harder to quantify since lore benefits don't reduce to a hard number (like +10 mana return or whatever).

So it is now a penalty to single sphere pures that by cap they've already got 100 ranks in a primary lore affecting all their spells? Seriously? They got to enjoy lore for those spells for 7.5 million experience, they now to get reach higher levels of lore benefits, and yes they pay more per rank for this marginal utility, but that is only because you always pay more for marginal utility. 8x weapons are only double 4x weapons, they are not double the cost. Then, later in post cap, the sorcerer will start paying (even more, because of the nonsense that is 0/7) for those same marginal utility increases, only of course they only affect one native spell circle at a time so they're getting a much lower ROI. At this time the wizard will have finished lore and moved on to something else to train in, and the sorcerer will still be working on lore, and then the wizard will move on to something else, and the sorcerer will still be training lore.

This squishy logic you've presented would sort of be like saying it is an advantage to be level 0 instead of level 50 because if you're level 0 the next 50 levels come faster than if you're level 50. It doesn't really make any sense whatsoever.

>Your complaint about each lore affecting only one circle each isn't strictly accurate, as others have pointed out, because elemental lores affect some sorcerer spells. (Also, SL:summoning affects cursing.) Sure, sorcerous lores don't affect the minor circles, but I would say the question is whether their benefits to sorcery spells are strong enough to make them worth it, taking into account that they only modify one circle.

I'm rounding, when I say 25 spells or 75 spells that also is not accurate since not every circle has 25 lore modified spells in it (or even 25 spells at all). I did mention DC as an exception, 730 the lore tie in is so light and specific I've never actually ever used it while hunting, and 710 is not a very frequently used hunting spell. Summoning is only relevant to cursing in a pvp sort of scenario. Those four examples do not change the calculus at all that sorcerers get the short end of the stick with lore training costs.

>Your complaint is also not accurate with respect to clerics... like sorcerous lore, SL:Religion doesn't affect two of their three spell circles at all.

You finally noticed that, I was wondering if anyone ever would. Yes, I know. SL Blessing does affect all 3 circles, as does SL Summoning. Of course, again, the 300s are a closed spell circle, no one else trains in them, GM's know this. Thereby GMs can design the lore benefits within that circle to take into account the choices a cleric must make. If sorcerers had access to 3 closed spell circles, a closed special elemental one, a closed special spiritual one, and sorcerers, with our same lore training costs, I wouldn't have as strong a position because of this reason. But of course in truth we have the two most shared spell circles in game so this is not the case for us. GMs cannot edit the lore thresholds in the 100s and 400s (as they can the 300s for SL religion) to take into account the difficulty precap sorcerers have in obtaining those spells.

They actually do this a little bit with empaths as well. ML Telepathy I think is supposed to be mostly for monks and savants, for the empath circle few spells are modified by it and those that are achieve very nice benefit at few ranks, almost as if the GMs knew the typical empath was going to focus mostly on manipulation and transformation.

>tolerate genuine debate on this issue,

There isn't really anything to debate. It is a fact sorcerers have the highest aggregate training costs of any pure. It is a fact that sorcerers are the only pure (probably the only profession) without a commonly trained mangler skill in which they are the lowest cost profession. It is a fact that sorcerers are the only pure with 0/7 as a training cost in a native lore. It is a fact sorcerers are the only profession expected to train in a lore that affects only one native spell circle, and it is a fact that we're expected to do this for 3 different lores. In the EG of 2006 there was a store that sold sorcerer lore enhancive wearables off the shelf. The nicest lore enhancive wearables sold off the shelf ever, no other lore has gotten this treatment, only sorcerer lore. They were profession limited too, only sorcerers could use them. Why do this for sorcerers and no one else? They said at the time that it was because our lore implementation was so challenging where it may have been too powerful to allow other pures to just get +10 to whichever lore than wanted, they could allow it for sorcerers since we had such a hard time affording lore training. This issue is not a new thing, nor am I making it up.

If you think this is such a great thing would you support say making "Wizard Lore" a new skill, having it affect only the 900s, erase all elemental lore benefits from the 900s, and change wizard training costs to 0/6 for wizard lore and 0/7 for elemental lore? I think any wizard reading this would have just spit out their coffee. Or we could port SL-Religion to "Cleric Lore" make that 0/6, and have clerics spend 0/7 for spiritual lore, and remove all spiritual lore benefits from the 300s. How excited would you be for that?

I have a new thing sorcerers are the worst at. Thanks to the new 520, which I'm not hating on, I play 3 wizards, and only play 1 sorcerer, but man that is a nice spell. Free crit padding, free dispel immunity in a typical hunting scenario (without any lore training required - you rarely get dispelled more than once every 30 seconds), just wow. And only a 20th level spell, to me it sounds like a level 40 spell atleast. Anyway, thanks to that spell. Sorcerers are now the pure with the weakest armor. Because of how hindrance favors spiritual spells empaths and clerics can both wear thicker armor while hunting, and wizards now have really nice free crit padding. And by the way, even if you could find it on a scroll, which would be hard considering the level 19 common scroll cap for non-arcane, they didn't allow non-native caster lore to modify it.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/06/2016 11:11 PM CST
>Once, which I admitted.

Your max TP numbers, too...

>You made a little list of aggregate lore costs for each pure profession

Nope. That was ASHRAAM. Don't blame his list for your straw man. You had quoted me directly and then attacked something I wasn't saying at all.
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/06/2016 11:31 PM CST
Let's stop the attacks towards each other, please. Discuss the topic and not each other or accusations towards one another.

~Aulis
Forums Manager
QC'er
Re: Hop on Board the Logic Train! 11/07/2016 01:36 PM CST
>AMMINAR

>Nope. That was ASHRAAM.

Oh come on, 7 letters, starts with an A, has another A and M and R in it.

I'm sorry for getting you guys confused but its your own fault for dressing so similar.