Torment Idea 08/26/2015 05:18 PM CDT
I just had an idea for Torment (718). Give it a new ability where you can feed the demonic force by killing with the spell. Then, when you CHANNEL the spell at a foe, it unleashes an absolutely devastating one-shot attack; the undisputed most powerful single-target attack in the game. The coolest looking demonic power in the game. The amount of energy you can store will be enhanced by demon lore.

So, to be clear. I am saying that this new ability could be a real pain to charge up all the way. It could take an hour of hunting with Torment. It could take ten hours. But it would be worth it. Just looking at your sorcerer, people would see the awesome demonic power reflected in her eyes! Kame - hame - ha!

If you die before you use the attack -- start over.

Silvean's Player
Re: Torment Idea 08/26/2015 05:27 PM CDT
I approve!

~ GtG
Re: Torment Idea 08/26/2015 10:20 PM CDT
I love this idea.

I love it even though the last time I tried to use Torment, I realized why my character specializes in necromancy and not demonology, thereby getting her face eaten off.
Re: Torment Idea 08/27/2015 08:20 AM CDT
So you want torment to cast implode? ;-)
Re: Torment Idea 08/27/2015 09:08 AM CDT
>So you want torment to cast implode?

Maybe, but it would have to do more than tousle the hair of critters 5 to 10 levels above the caster. Another option is to produce a CS spell with TD pushdown. In this way you could risk setting up a target with curse and then produce an additional TD pushdown if you live to cast your one charged up Torment.