Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/29/2010 03:01 PM CST
<< Why am I not getting any DS pushdown from ambushing? >>

Because they are already in full offensive. You happened to run across some critters that genned awhile back and have wandered around long enough to spell themselves up fully.

Since I know you are an archer, the bug you found was the stupidly low ranged DS on the Ithzir. The melee DS you see is how it is supposed to be.

- - - - -
Ron
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/29/2010 04:00 PM CST
>>Since I know you are an archer, the bug you found was the stupidly low ranged DS on the Ithzir. The melee DS you see is how it is supposed to be.

I've hunted with archers they face the same problem with spelled up Ithzir, maybe he has just been lucky enough not to run into any until now. I am not sure what kind of melee DSs you see but a seer or adept in full offensive without wizard shield or WoF are very hittable. Last time hunting I ran into a freshly genned one DS was slightly over 300 and given time it doesn't get any harder to hit them unless they pop WoF up. And normally hunting there my AS is about 530 so nothing really above normal.
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/30/2010 09:52 PM CST
So... are rogues expected to dispel a target or be able to cast 117 at cap against those?

-James-
player of Fremie

Mirayam says, "You are not a rogue, sir."

Mirayam exclaims, "You are noble!"
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/31/2010 12:41 AM CST
Those weren't swept, knee-bashed, or subdued. And it isn't that hard to generate an AS of over 500 if a person were inclined. They also don't always come with such a high DS, the seer had WoF up and the adept had wizard shield up. I think I've seen Lucos running around with his AS at 547. As a giantman in voln with a x7 bonded weapon I can get my AS up to 540 without any spells or enhansives. Its entirely possible to kill them with just x4 weapons and no extra help though, but the help does make it a lot easier, one ambush and you're done.
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/31/2010 12:45 PM CST
Yeah, they're not too bad. And if you have troubles, wizard shield and WoF only last a minute, and they don't gen with them up. Plus there's always plenty to fight in there - so you can leave one for a minute to find something else to fight.

They also wear low AsG armor, so a heavier weapon will get you a hefty boost from the AvD.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/31/2010 03:33 PM CST
<<Those weren't swept, knee-bashed, or subdued.>>

I wasn't using surge or strength or 509 either, just a 4x weapon without any other enhancements to OHE.

I was curious as to why the creatures DS was the same when I ambushed from a hide and when I attacked from the open?

Is because that once you attempt to ambush a creature once that you retain that DS pushdown with follow up swing from the open? That seems to be the case.

As an archer I generally e-wave adepts in case they are wearing wizards shield so that I have a better chance to eliminate them in one shot. Once it becomes a battle of attrition then they are likely to fade.

Wolfloner
Re: Ambush bug ?? 12/31/2010 03:42 PM CST
That adept was just standing around in offensive. They do that after they attack, and (usually) when either stand up or attempt to stand up.

Pushdown definitely only lasts for that swing, it doesn't linger.

If you ewaved him, he probably stanced to offensive to get back up.

420 is a base (whatever their 'regular' level is) adept's spelled up offensive DS, minus wizard shield.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Ambush bug ?? 01/02/2011 03:25 AM CST
Hi Ron

"I guess it depends on how you define "stupidly low ranged DS on ithzir"

The only way I know how to try to test it was to swing at a ithzir and then immediately fire a bow at the same creature.

For example

Against an Ithzir Adept the melee DS was 470

Against the same Adept the ranged DS was 455

I will post some logs on the different Ithzir as I get them.

Wolfloner

Wolfloner