CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 09:25 PM CDT
I'd like to see a rogue-only CMAN which allows for a chance at RT reduction when EBP'd. I honestly have no idea how to balance it other than to not allow it to work 100% if passive, but I can see it in one of two forms.

1. Passive - Flat percent chance to reduce your RT by a percentage, with at least 1 second off for fast swings, more for lengthier misses.

2. Active command - You would use the CMAN as a modified attack with a guaranteed RT reduction for a missed ambush. Balanced by stamina costs.

The maneuver would show the rogue realizing he missed his mark and disinengaing from his target. Anyone think they'd make use of a maneuver like this?
Re: CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 10:01 PM CDT
EPD'd = Evaded, Blocked, or Parried. (I had to think about it for a few so figured others might as well).

I like the concept of this as a martial stance (e.g. passive) maneuver. For my ambushing rogue, I'm not sure if I would take it or not but it's got me at least considering that I might. Good idea!

-- Robert
Re: CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 10:02 PM CDT
Eww, yeah. Sorry about that. I'm not sure if it would be balanced if it wasn't working only from a hide/ambush sense, but that's up to the GM to decide.

The only difference between martial stances and normal passive CMANs is that you can only have one on at a time, right?
Re: CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 10:09 PM CDT
As a martial stance it would force a decision as to which stance to assume, correct. As a passive CMAN then you could have this up with other passives and a martial stance at which point I would see this as a bit overpowered (just my opinion though and obviously implementation dependent).

-- Robert
Re: CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 10:34 PM CDT
What are the popular choices for rogue Martial Stances? I'd be curious to see what rogues would be looking to lose in exchange for something like Stop Short.
Re: CMAN Idea: Stop Short 05/13/2013 10:39 PM CDT
For me it would be a decision between Stop Short and Predator's Eye.

Skill Name: Predator's Eye
Mnemonic: predator
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: 20.
Other Requirements: A melee weapon with Base Weapon Speed 3 or less.
Available to: Rogues.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 6
Rank 3: (Squares) 8
Description: This is a Martial Stance. You have deadly aim when ambushing with light weapons. Your chance to hit the body part you aim for increases by 4% at rank 1, 7% at rank 2 and 10% at rank 3.

I'm guessing the other popular stance would be Whirling Dervish.

Skill Name: Whirling Dervish
Mnemonic: dervish
Hostile: No
Stamina Cost: 40
Other Requirements: 30 Ranks of Multi Opponent Combat.
Available to: Warriors, Rogues.
Prerequisites:
None
CMP Cost:
Rank 1: (Squares) 4
Rank 2: (Squares) 8
Rank 3: (Squares) 12
Description: This is a Martial Stance. You gain the ability to switch with relative ease between targets when making multiple melee attacks. When making a focused MSTRIKE or a two-weapon attack that slays your targeted creature foe, you have a chance to switch your remaining attacks to another foe in the room. This chance is 5% + 25% per rank.

-- Robert