Guild Nodes 10/22/2011 04:41 PM CDT
This is something that has come up many times in the past, but I figured I might as well ask once again.

Could the training areas (the room with the training administrator) in each guild be made into XP nodes?

~Midgar
Re: Guild Nodes 10/23/2011 01:16 AM CDT
Seconded, please.

--David

"At a moment like this, I can't help but wonder, 'What would Jimmy Buffett do?'"
Re: Guild Nodes 10/29/2011 03:28 PM CDT
That would be awesome.
Re: Guild Nodes 11/01/2011 10:58 PM CDT
I wouldn't mind seeing nodes get attached to tables/niches/nooks in the Rogue Guild Lounges.

What better place else for a rogue to relax at and conduct any sneaky business at, then the lounge with the great tables already in place. Simply noding those few areas in the lounge would be perfect IMO

~Jukes, xunlari selshis of the Gir'Ramla Tribe

www.tehir.net

AIM: Tehir Xunlari
Re: Guild Nodes 11/02/2011 09:36 AM CDT
Well, the whole point of noding the training centers, is to draw more people into the guild to assist others with training (or even get reps, themselves, while they rest.).

~Midgar
Re: Guild Nodes 11/02/2011 05:08 PM CDT
Yup, which can be done also at tables. Dagger games anyone? ;)

I think it's dumb to have the node right at the trainer, but that's just me. It makes more sense to me, to have the niche and tables noded, since they have cool ambient messaging and other neat stuff to do at them

www.tehir.net

Re: Guild Nodes 11/02/2011 09:06 PM CDT
It's all about convenience. The whole point is to make training easier, and more accessible to people. The training administrators are where training has always took place, in the guild, because of the convenience of being able to quickly and easily get new tasks.

The waste barrels were added way back when, but the areas were never noded! It's a simple way to try and help draw more people into the guild for training, since they can come to rest there after a hunt.

I highly doubt that noding the tables would have as good of a result. In fact, a simple argument I would use, to back this, is the very fact that I have never, in all my countless hours of number crunching and guild exploring, even bothered to check if they were noded or not. Why? Because other than the rare need for privacy with a guildmate, I have never felt any compulsion to go there. They could have been noded all this time, and I wouldn't have cared.

~Midgar
Re: Guild Nodes 11/03/2011 09:59 AM CDT
I just see it as odd, envisioning a whole room of rogues, standing around zombie like at Deluca, simply because it's a node.

To me, it just made better sense to node resting areas in the guild lounges, since where that's where a rogue would go to rest, rather then stand up for hours on end in front of a guild taskmaster of all places. But, that's just me and my silly idea of RP I guess, since that is trumped by convenience. May as well node every hunting area in one spot too, if you want convenience, right?

Lounge to me = Resting spot. Similar to Inn tables and other noded areas. Not a room where a taskmaster is that gives you tasks to do, so to me it makes more sense to node that area instead.

www.tehir.net

Re: Guild Nodes 11/03/2011 10:43 AM CDT
Jukes, your involvement in the guild is zilch, and your opinion should be considered as such.

~Ayamei
Re: Guild Nodes 11/03/2011 10:51 AM CDT
>>I just see it as odd, envisioning a whole room of rogues, standing around zombie like at Deluca, simply because it's a node.

If this change really drew that many people into the guild, it would have been an absolute success far beyond my expectations. The only difference is that they would NOT be standing around like zombies, otherwise they certainly wouldn't bother to come to the guild, to rest. Instead, they'd be there to either guild train, or assist people in their training, thus creating a wonderful RP atmosphere between rogues.

Yes, the true intent of this change, is 100% for RP purposes. The rogue guild community is some of the most fun RP in this game, when people are actually in the guild, training. The node idea is just one of many ideas, to try and draw more people into the guild, for this purpose. It's certainly one of the easier suggestions to implement, out there.

Let me tell you, coming from someone that spends most of his gaming time in the guild helping others, that noding the tables will do very little, if not nothing, to bolster RP in the guild. And it certainly makes sense to have a node in places where players tend to gather, which is exactly the case in the training centers.

The guild needs all the help it can get right now, and noding the training centers is like tossing it a few scraps, but is certainly better than nothing! I still have not given up on reviving the guild community! Thus why I spend so much time in there helping people, to try and draw more people in! People start to show up when they know there will be someone there to get reps from. And it certainly would be awesome if people would also come in there to help, when resting after a hunt!

~Midgar
Re: Guild Nodes 11/03/2011 01:09 PM CDT
I'm not even going to comment on that Ayamei.

www.tehir.net

Re: Guild Nodes 11/05/2011 09:13 PM CDT
I have to agree with Midgar. Noding tables in the guild makes zero sense. Why would someone prefer to go to guild tables rather than other random tables around town? Other tables are more convenient and would provide all of the same benefits as noded rogue's guild tables.

The reason for wanting nodes in the guild is to be able to do something other than stand around like a zombie while you're absorbing experience. It would be nice to be able to pursue guild skills during what is otherwise "down" time. It would help keep players engaged with the game rather than parking their characters at a table and zoning out for the time it takes to empty their minds for the next round.