Divert and Flying Creatures. 10/04/2011 02:00 AM CDT
So, I've been using divert like crazy, and must say it is now one of my favorite cmans!

But one problem I've had with it, is that it doesn't work on flying creatures! Seeing as you are just making noise, you'd think it should still work!

Also, along those lines, I was thinking it would be cool if divert could also be used to fool a flying creature into coming into melee range! In other words, you could do something like "cman divert (critter) ground." That way we wouldn't be forced to drop stealth and let them attack us (which is not cool for a stealthy rogue!).

~Midgar
Re: Divert and Flying Creatures. 10/04/2011 05:26 AM CDT
<<Also, along those lines, I was thinking it would be cool if divert could also be used to fool a flying creature into coming into melee range! In other words, you could do something like "cman divert (critter) ground." That way we wouldn't be forced to drop stealth and let them attack us (which is not cool for a stealthy rogue!).>>

That would be a pretty great addition right there
Re: Divert and Flying Creatures. 10/04/2011 10:04 PM CDT
that seems a good suggestion, I agree.

Wolfloner
Re: Divert and Flying Creatures. 10/05/2011 02:23 AM CDT
>But one problem I've had with it, is that it doesn't work on flying creatures! Seeing as you are just making noise, you'd think it should still work!

It should, yes. The fix is somewhat complicated, however, so it will have to wait until some other updates are ready.

>Also, along those lines, I was thinking it would be cool if divert could also be used to fool a flying creature into coming into melee range! In other words, you could do something like "cman divert (critter) ground."

Interesting idea. I've put it on my list of ideas to consider, for when I turn to general combat maneuver reviews.