Lockmastery Keyrings 09/10/2011 03:43 PM CDT
Idea for an improvement.

You carefully examine the slim mithril keyring and determine that the weight is about 9 pounds.

Could keyrings be improved so that when used they reduce the weight of the lockpicks on them (like warrior sheaths reduce weight on weapons in them)? For many i'm sure this isn't an issue but I like having a lot of neat picks but it becomes cumbersome...can you imagine a rogue who is encumbered by the lockpicks of his craft?
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 09/10/2011 10:10 PM CDT

Yes please! Lockpick weight adds up extremely quickly.

-c
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 09/14/2011 07:46 PM CDT
Just echoing for some improvement here. I think my toolkit weighs in at something like 15 lbs.

The problem is really how low-weight items stack, right? Is it possible for lockpicks to have their weight set to one coin (like sonic armor)? Would this fix the problem?
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/05/2011 02:21 AM CDT
>Could keyrings be improved so that when used they reduce the weight of the lockpicks on them (like warrior sheaths reduce weight on weapons in them)?

Good idea. Keyrings now reduce the weight of most lockpicks and keys by 50% or 1 pound, whichever is less.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/05/2011 02:26 AM CDT
Thanks!
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/05/2011 08:10 AM CDT
<<Good idea. Keyrings now reduce the weight of most lockpicks and keys by 50% or 1 pound, whichever is less.>>

Thanks!

And a side question - did you put the 'or 1 pound thing' just in case, or did you actually spot some lockpicks that weigh >2 lbs?

-Keleborrn.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/05/2011 08:11 AM CDT
Although, in response to myself 10 seconds after I posted, I did just remember that there are things that aren't 'lockpicks' but function as them and can be put on a keyring, like those hatpins and stuff. Still not very big I can see how something might be over 2 pounds now.

-Keleborrn.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/05/2011 10:20 PM CDT

yhipeee
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/06/2011 03:26 AM CDT
>And a side question - did you put the 'or 1 pound thing' just in case, or did you actually spot some lockpicks that weigh >2 lbs?

It is a matter of covering edge cases. I don't know if there's a 20 pound lockpick lurking somewhere out there, though it is a funny thought.

>I did just remember that there are things that aren't 'lockpicks' but function as them and can be put on a keyring, like those hatpins and stuff.

Functionally, something like that hatpin is just an altered lockpick. Keyrings only take lockpicks and keys, but they don't necessarily have to be named "lockpick" or "key" explicitly.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/06/2011 11:44 AM CDT
Oh...just wondering...does this mean one pound lockpicks CAN weigh .5 lbs (50%) on a keyring?

My keyring weighs 5lbs now, down from 9lbs, so I guess i've already answered my question...

Rolfard te Rogue-ity
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/08/2011 12:59 PM CDT
<<It is a matter of covering edge cases. I don't know if there's a 20 pound lockpick lurking somewhere out there, though it is a funny thought.>>

They're out there. They're called massive glaes clubs :)
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/10/2011 01:39 AM CDT
Kudos to Finros for the snappy responses and updates.

As a rogue I like knowing we're in helpful hands.

-E
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 10/10/2011 12:09 PM CDT
Second that. I'm slowly discovering Finros ownage everywhere I go.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 11/16/2011 05:56 AM CST
Is it possible for LM keyrings to get updated to be proper containers?

When an inventory window pops up, it's empty. Apparently, this is because of them not having a container tag in the stream. Game window-wise if you look IN the keyring, there's nothing. If you look ON it you see the lockpicks, but you can put lockpicks both IN and ON them. Just figured that if there's any chance of this being fixed, it's right after someone has just recently looked at them.

Also... I lost 5 pounds overnight with the new Finros LM keyring weight loss system!
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 11/22/2011 03:00 AM CST
>Is it possible for LM keyrings to get updated to be proper containers?

I'll put it on my list of things to look into at some point.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 11/22/2011 12:11 PM CST
>I'll put it on my list of things to look into at some point.

I take comfort in knowing that the bottom of your list at some point may reach the top.

Appreciated!
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 11/26/2011 12:47 PM CST
I'll put it on my list of things to look into at some point.

Care to share what is presently on your list?

-- Robert
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 12/01/2011 01:45 AM CST
>Care to share what is presently on your list?

It's a long list that I have no real chance of completing in the next few years, even assuming that nothing else were added to it. There's no absolute priority because things shift around as circumstances change, and smaller projects are always easier to get to at any point. But no, I don't plan on itemizing it here.
Re: Lockmastery Keyrings 12/09/2011 02:23 PM CST
<<It's a long list that I have no real chance of completing in the next few years, even assuming that nothing else were added to it. There's no absolute priority because things shift around as circumstances change, and smaller projects are always easier to get to at any point. But no, I don't plan on itemizing it here.>>

The hiding changes were very well received thus far from the comments I have heard in game and out. Very good work there.

Wolfloner