Suggestions 07/11/2016 08:31 PM CDT
1. Ranger Guild Skill = Bait
Put bait on the ground to attract winged beasts to the ground so that we can ambush them.
I'd like to see bait in general increase the gen. rate of creatures by some minimal amount, but I doubt this will happen.

2. Remove the random component to imbue
Allow us to sell wands in bulk in player shops by making all of our imbued wands the same.

3. 610 custom alterations
Maybe some of us don't always want a thorny vine.

4. Expand 620 utility
I have never cast this - make some version of it useful on higher armor classes (at least aug chain, which many of us wear). You could allow us to cast it on armor de novo, without preparations, for ~30 minutes of 10% resistance. Just do something to make this spell more appealing to more rangers.
Re: Suggestions 07/11/2016 09:27 PM CDT
5. Ranger Guild Skill - Plant Identification - Once we forage an item in an area, we remember its there instead of guessing.

6. Ranger Guild Skill - Like Warriors have Sheaths - Rangers have Companion Gear

7. Ranger Guild Skill - Carving - We can imbue wands, now let us carve them.

8. Ranger Guild Skill - Cut Meat from Dead Animals - Not Creatures but animals ie Coyote vs. Kobold

Charna's Idiot - With new and improved imbecile power!
Re: Suggestions 07/12/2016 08:54 AM CDT
#8: I know that there used to be a jerky knife, think it may have come out of an HSN auction in the mid-90's.
Re: Suggestions 07/12/2016 10:47 AM CDT

9. Path finding. Ability to find short cuts between locations
10. Companion training 1. Ability to lessen the time it takes a companion to execute a command.
11. Companion training 2. Ability to track a person and have our companions lead us to them.
12. Update call swarm to allow different swarm type insect birds small rodents....maybe ability to call more then one swarm at one cast and they seek out enemies if none in current room.
Re: Suggestions 07/27/2016 09:11 PM CDT
>2. Remove the random component to imbue
>Allow us to sell wands in bulk in player shops by making all of our imbued wands the same.

>7. Ranger Guild Skill - Carving - We can imbue wands, now let us carve them.

I made a band-aid item for this a few years ago in the Imbue boxes. Certainly makes it easier to stack wands in a playershop!

___
ASGM of World Development
Events
Loot Czar
Re: Suggestions 09/08/2016 08:10 PM CDT
>>I made a band-aid item for this a few years ago in the Imbue boxes. Certainly makes it easier to stack wands in a playershop!

They still do not stack if they don't hold the same amount of mana.
Re: Suggestions 09/08/2016 08:46 PM CDT

>They still do not stack if they don't hold the same amount of mana.

Items only stack if they are the EXACT SAME item.
Re: Suggestions 09/09/2016 09:27 AM CDT
My suggestion when Playershops was announced was to make adding items onto a stack a two-step process (if they were not already identical), requiring a confirmation/second 'put' with a warning that the item(s) would be REDUCED to the lower capability, AND it would tell you what that capability was.

For example:
- putting a 92-mana rod onto a stack of 92-mana rods with the same description: "put black rod on rods on counter" works just fine, because they are all "a blackwood rod" holding 92 mana;
- putting a 92-mana rod onto a stack of 90-mana rods with the same description: "put black rod on rods on counter" will generate an "are you sure?" message, require you to repeat the command (maybe with 'confirm' added?), and tell you, "A blackwood rod on the counter contains 90 mana, this item contains 92 mana, THIS ITEM will be changed to match.";
- putting a 90-mana rod onto a stack of 92-mana rods with the same description: "put black rod on rods on counter" will generate an "are you sure?" message, require you to repeat the command (maybe with 'confirm' added?), and tell you, "A blackwood rod on the counter contains 92 mana, this item contains 90 mana, THE STACK will be changed to match.".
Re: Suggestions 09/11/2016 10:25 AM CDT
>>Items only stack if they are the EXACT SAME item.

Exactly - which is why I suggested removing this randomization and just make a flat mana imbue based on your skill.