lore equity act! 09/05/2015 09:33 AM CDT

Why are we the only profession that could only 1x lore besides squares?

well bards are 1x lore only but they get benefit from elemental air and mental lore so its even better! 2x benefit but 1x cost.
Re: lore equity act! 09/05/2015 05:53 PM CDT

Cheaper cost in physical skills?
Re: lore equity act! 10/10/2015 10:20 AM CDT
>Cheaper cost in physical skills?

I think Paladins have us beat for the cost of physical skills.

I was also wondering why rangers are limited to 1x lores recently. If we're supposed to be more magical than Paladins, why is our lore cost higher and why are we limited to 1x? I mean, they pay more for spells, but...
Re: lore equity act! 10/10/2015 12:03 PM CDT
Concerning only the ranger circle, it truly doesn't matter whether or not we can 1x or 2x lores. Training costs and lore thresholds have been set to require a certain cost for a certain benefit. If they halved the cost and allowed us to 2x, thresholds would likely just require double what they currently do.

Where we lose out compared to Paladins, is the lore benefits from the Minor Spiritual circle. Paladins have easier access to greater benefits in this shared circle, given their ability to 2x lores. However, there's not a whole lot to be gained here, so personally I don't care that much.

An additional consequence of 2x lores that most haven't thought of (mostly because it only impacts a small group), is that ranks gained via enhancivess would have their effectiveness halved for ranger circle benefits.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: lore equity act! 10/12/2015 08:26 AM CDT

I agree with Brian.

I think we see great effect from our lore training at present.

Couple other items:)

Would like to see whispering willow 605 have a 'area whisper' to use with about 25 ranks lore however. To use during invasions to toss out what we see to all involved in the area. hint hint

Would also like to see Tangle weed work again, it really does seem less effective since it was combined into one spell when targeted against like level foes.

Be nice to see 608 allow movement of one room per 25 ranks of summoning lore or blessing lore

Be nice to see 603 worked with multi cast also from 25 ranks mana control

John,

Aurach's player
Re: lore equity act! [Tangleweed Tangent] 10/12/2015 10:40 AM CDT
>Would also like to see Tangle weed work again, it really does seem less effective since it was combined into one spell when targeted against like level foes.

I'd like to see some adjustments made to this spell as well, to have outcome more heavily weighted by spell ranks rather than level. From my estimations, there appears to be little difference in the Tangledweeds casts by capped rangers with 70 ranks, 100 ranks and 160 ranks.

Would a GM be willing to release the formula used to determine a successful hit?

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: lore equity act! 10/12/2015 11:26 AM CDT
Really digging the mass spell options with lore ranks - especially 605, because that's honestly my favorite spell ever in the entire game.

Super minor pet peeve, but I'd love to see the duration of 603 brought in line with 601/02/05/06/13/17/18/25/40. But that's largely because I keep it up with all of those other ones and it drives me crazy that it's such a different duration compared to the others, heh. Also would be super great to have 603 (and 604) work with multi-cast so I don't spam everyone incanting 603 a billion times over to catch up with the other defensive spells.

- Overlord EK

>You now regard Eorgina with a warm demeanor.
Re: lore equity act! 10/12/2015 01:54 PM CDT

Honestly I think you're better off with 1x lore. My reasoning being if they increased it to 2x you wouldn't suddenly be getting double the benefits, they'd just scale it so that you end up paying twice as much.

Look at how the ELR abilities are all scaled for full 2x to get ~13% proc rates.
I think you're better off as it is, honestly.

Just one non-ranger's opinion.
Re: lore equity act! 10/13/2015 08:33 PM CDT
Bards can only 1x Lore, they just happen to have two different lores to train. Speaking from a sorcerous perspective, being able to double in three different lores isn't necessarily that great. Bards also have 2 Mental Lores and 1 Elemental Lore affecting their native sphere. Paladins have three spiritual lores affecting their base sphere. Rangers have two.

Considering most magical costs for Paladins are equal-to or higher-than other semis, it seems to be a design factor to make lores more relevant for Paladins, which has been rather clearly implemented.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p