Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 02:02 PM CDT
>Also, 11% hindrance feels like 22% hindrance.

>A few weeks ago I blew 7 casts of spike in a row, one right after the other, due to that 11% hindrance. I was NOT a happy camper.

No kidding. Sometimes I'll blow a cast of 635 on every group of bandits, or at least multiples in a row. Other times, while it doesn't happen that often, the armor will screw up like three-four casts of 635 in a row, which makes me strongly consider violence as an option. Few times I just wanted to spike the next person I saw so I could feel better. :p

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 02:46 PM CDT
You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(

___
SGM of 3P
Platinum, Premium, and Promotions
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 03:06 PM CDT
<You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(

Blame Kenstrom and his invasion beasties. Some of those things that Davard would break out during his forays into the Landing were just plain mean. And weaponfire is most unkind too.

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 03:15 PM CDT
>You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(

Hahahahahaha!

Ah, I look forward to about 2 or 3 years from now, when I am fully doubled in Dodge and have some decent spell ranks.

And back in platemail. Mmmm, platemail.

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 03:23 PM CDT

Pup isnt that far past post cap and was not stat perfect so he can get hit if not spelled. As radeek said...kenstrom and mars invasions are brutal. Plus in warcamps...FoF will eat you down some or an ewave bandit trap etc. Plenty of ways to lose ds and take a hit
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 03:43 PM CDT
You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(

Hey, this loot isn't gonna carry itself ya know. Seriously, load up on 10 boxes or so in the Scatter and DS will quickly become an issue for anyone.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: animal companions 08/20/2014 04:11 PM CDT
>You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(

My DS is far beyond fine under normal circumstances. I mostly keep the hauberk for extraordinary situations. I've been thinking of picking up some doubles for OTF and Nelemar hunting since nothing but sents can touch my TD in those places (I mostly haven't because I'm really lazy and don't want to do the work to get a nice set).

The hauberk comes in and has saved my butt many a time against those super powered invasion creatures that swing two-handers with 700-800+ AS. Also, the CvA counts for a lot when you can be hit (one of those every point counts, things).

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: animal companions 09/08/2014 06:36 PM CDT

<You're mostly capped rangers, why is anything hitting your DS to begin with :(>

Archery rangers that dont have hmm super gear cant touch demons.. no spells no weapons. Also many critter tricks stun or put us on the ground and the DS goes down fast. Currently the Taladorian Mage spell in the Dark forest area gets me every time its cast. Hits my bow, the bow zaps me with a critical shot.
Im not saying change the critter, but that at least is what is hitting me. Bandits whack me all the time with stuns also. I have actually come to the point now, that if I could carry a runestaff and get the dodging MIU benefit id just go pure magic and give up weapons, its how I hunt most of the time as is.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page