CMAN 02/17/2013 04:30 PM CST
DOn't know if this is the right place to put this...

What is CMAN, and how does one train it, and what does it involve? is there a cman for strikes on multiple targets for rangers? this is all new to me.

player of Jarial & Driikn
Re: CMAN 02/17/2013 05:54 PM CST
CMAN is an abbreviation for Combat Maneuvers.

It is a skill that you can learn in the skill builder. However, it acts somewhat differently than most skills, in that the ranks of combat maneuvers give you "points", which you can put into various abilities. Type CMAN in game for more information on how to do so.

There are dozens of combat maneuvers, and as a Ranger, you cannot learn all of them. Some of them are attacks, like knocking an enemies weapon to the ground (CMAN DISARM), and some of them are passive abilities, like Shadow Mastery (it lasts for a set duration and you hide better and faster while using it). Most CMANs use stamina as "fuel", so that they aren't used too often.

Each combat maneuver has multiple ranks . . . most have 5, but a few have only 2 or 3. Each rank costs more than the last, so rank 1 might only cost 3 points, but rank 5 might cost 15.

As for cmans that hit multiple targets, that depends on if you use a melee weapon or a bow. Melee weapons can do a multiple strike, aptly named multistrike, but it is NOT learned through combat maneuvers, but rather through the skill Multi-Opponent Combat. Most basic, a double strike, requires 5 ranks of this skill. Note that the RT for doing so is higher, and there is a cooldown on using it.

If you want to hit multiple targets with arrows, there IS a combat manuver for that, but from everything I've heard, its very bad. Virtually all ranged users aim specifically for various body parts, and the multi-shot maneuver does not let you aim. Since that aiming is a tremendously valuable portion of ranged combat, taking it out effectively ruins the combat form. That said, I don't have a Ranger or a ranged user, so maybe others will disagree.

Effectiveness of the attack-based maneuvers is primarily based on your level vs the enemies level, and your rank. MOST, but not all, attack-based maneuvers are damaging and disabling attacks, rather than outright killing attacks. Some do no damage at all, but can seriously impair an enemy.

For a list, see this: http://www.play.net/gs4/info/maneuvers/list.asp

Remember, make sure you check under the "Available To" listing to see if its available to Rangers.

As a final note, every 2 ranks of Combat Maneuvers gives you +1 to AS in offensive, so having a lot of ranks in it is important for high-end combat.

>Barnom says, "Like sage and nutmeg."
Re: CMAN 02/17/2013 06:16 PM CST
wow, exactly what i was looking for. thank you.
Re: CMAN 02/17/2013 09:00 PM CST
<<<<If you want to hit multiple targets with arrows, there IS a combat manuver e heard, its very bad. Virtually all ranged users aim specifically for various body parts, and the multi-shot maneuver does not let you aim. Since that aiming is a tremendously valuable portion of ranged combat, taking it out effectively ruins the combat form. That said, I don't have a Ranger or a ranged user, so maybe others will disagree.>>>>

It's terrible, completely useless. Don't train in it, it's a total waste. It'll never be any fun and probably just get you killed. Seriously, forget about it. Especially don't waste five whole ranks on it. Not only would that be silly, you'd probably get razzed by all your archer friends for being so foolish. In fact, you'd probably be the only one to have the skill.

Except for me. :D

~ Tkarra and Goose

(Loves me some mfire...)