Enhanced swarm 11/08/2012 03:41 PM CST
I know I spam ideas but I just have so many of them come to mind on so many occasions.
The latest one I would have loved is with enough summoning lore, a called swarm will follow the caster around and continue to help but obviously with a ton of lore.
Actually the main reason I wanted to post about this possibly happening is because I'd love for my Ranger to be followed around by insects in town and as her general RP she attracts them so it'd be awesome if that could happen.

Heh I'll shush now!

Thanks
Re: Enhanced swarm 11/08/2012 11:59 PM CST
You wouldn't want them following you in town unless they alter the justice system considering they get you sent to jail. I miss the days I used it in Icemule without going to jail. Poor Candor died in TC to few swarms.

Daemon Ranger
Re: Enhanced swarm 11/09/2012 01:07 AM CST
You just gave me a great idea and I can't believe I've never thought of it before (at least I don't remember having thought of it).

As for your idea, I think it's really neat. Swarm is one of my favorite spells, though it's sadly not terribly useful throughout a ranger's everyday existence.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Enhanced swarm 11/09/2012 08:46 AM CST
Not sure why you say it's not useful everyday. I use it as my main disabling spell on normal hunts. 615 in offensive is pretty much a guaranteed knockdown and keeps them pinned. Granted 610 can do the same thing but I feel like 610 misses a lot more where I can't remember the initial 615 hit missing unless the spell itself failed.

610 wins in warcamps because it stays out even when the room is empty but if you add the ability for a swarm to persist in a room with some lore training that would be amazing! The more disables I can throw down in a warcamp the better!

So Call Swarm Cocoon style gets my vote!

Daemon Ranger
Re: Enhanced swarm 11/15/2012 06:59 PM CST

615 used to have messaging that told you what kind of insects it attracted based on the terrain you cast it. It seems like it either no longer does this or only on rare occasions, Id like to see the level of poison adjust to the insects of the local areas, were casting next to a bee hive for example is going to have bonus effect vs casting in an open grassy field.