1625 and Briar Flares 05/13/2018 04:21 PM CDT
Looks like 1625 isn't playing nice with briar flares. The weapon is consecrated, but the plasma flares don't work. Whatever mechanic in the briar flare script that makes bless or consecrate wear off seems to be causing problems for 1625 too.
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/14/2018 12:35 PM CDT
If your weapon already has flares, then you won't be getting guiding light flares. You can have weighting and guiding light flares from 1625.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/14/2018 07:45 PM CDT
Guiding light flares will work with weapons that have flares that only occupy the script slot; such as knockout flares and parasite weapon flares. If you're not getting guiding light flares with your briar weapon, then it means briar flares occupy the flare AND script slot which is fairly common with older weapon scripts. I don't understand coding for GS but it seems it is possible to code some rather complex stuff without it occupying the flare slot as well (Ex. Parasite Weapons).

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/14/2018 10:36 PM CDT
Whats the sweet spot with weighting and guiding light flares? 10 pts (HCW)? Also, if you have HDW and HCW will that impact guiding light flares in a way thats different from just having one or the other?
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/15/2018 12:23 AM CDT
Briar flares only occupy the script slot.

Casting 1604 on the weapon gives you the same messaging you get when you cast at any weapon that already has guiding light flares. (I even got guiding light flares a few times). There's something in the script that strips the effect after the briar flare occurs, however.

This is a bug- not a situation where the script slot is taken up.
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/15/2018 04:01 AM CDT
Whats the sweet spot with weighting and guiding light flares? 10 pts (HCW)? Also, if you have HDW and HCW will that impact guiding light flares in a way thats different from just having one or the other?

At 10 pts of either Crit or Damage (and probably a combination of the two; 5 and 5) guiding light flares stop working. It was asked and answered by a GM that paladins are meant to choose between weighting and having guiding light flares. As you increase the amount of weighting from 1 - 10, the flares will become weaker and flare less often I believe. Auction quality flares are different, such as a few flares offered at CCF this past weekend, and will work with any amount of crit weighting.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/15/2018 08:21 PM CDT
> As you increase the amount of weighting from 1 - 10, the flares will become weaker and flare less often I believe.

Wait, what? I hadn't heart his before. I thought it was an all or nothing situation.

Also, is it at 10 points or after 10 points?
Re: 1625 and Briar Flares 05/18/2018 10:48 AM CDT

What gets me about the whole guiding flares bit with sancted weapons is that you can just as easily get a weapon that already some sort of flare and add both damage and weighting to it. Thus... why is it a problem or unbalance to think that guiding lights will somehow be overpowering since I don't really consider them that powerful. I'm just trying to understand the logic. Why allow other weapons that already have flares to get both weighting types and not allow guiding lights to continue to be the free flares when they on the same tier more or less?

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!