Chrism usage 11/25/2015 08:24 PM CST
Estild,

Is there any chance at all for paladins to be able to raise a person with a chrism? I'm not complaining, but more often than not folks would rather decay etc other than be raised by a paladin in at least Prime. I, personally, think the spell is awesome as is but at the same time I understand where others are coming from and can't see what's game breaking for a paladin to be able to use a chrism on a body and raise it although one can argue that during those 10 minutes that the raised person can just as easily acquire the lost xp if hunting carefully. Other times, they need to be raised because no clergy otherwise are able to raise them in town.

I'm just curious and respectfully requesting and giving a little feedback from my own experience with the spell usage. I don't know others have different luck or not. Maybe it's just me and the crowd that I'm usually around when such an opportunity arises.

Respectfully,
Falvicar, player of

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: Chrism usage 11/25/2015 09:51 PM CST

There is nobody out there who would prefer to decay over a Paladin raise. And if there is- they're just idiots who don't understand how Paladin raises work.

Having said that, people are often rather disappointed when they "only" have a Paladin available. But it's hard to argue with that. Clerics should have better raises than Paladins. I actually think the "field raise" concept for Paladins was a smart way to go about it.
Re: Chrism usage 11/25/2015 10:01 PM CST
SVEN2010
Having said that, people are often rather disappointed when they "only" have a Paladin available. But it's hard to argue with that. Clerics should have better raises than Paladins. I actually think the "field raise" concept for Paladins was a smart way to go about it.

This is correct. Chrisms were specifically created to promote the desire for a cleric resurrection over others. If someone wants to lay around dead for 10+ minutes when they could have just been resurrected and out on their hunt again during the same time, that's their decision (and a bad one at that). More so if a Paladin performs the resurrection, the deader can immediately go out on their hunt to regain that lost experience, then recovery from the death after the fact as their mind clears.

GameMaster Estild
Re: Chrism usage 11/25/2015 10:22 PM CST

Oh I agree. I just wanted to ask / give feedback is all. I am still thankful and think it's great the way it was.

:-)

Happy Turkey Day by the way.

Re: Chrism usage 12/02/2015 03:46 AM CST
99% of the issue with Divine Word is...people just don't know anything about it. I swear I explain it to corpses most the times I use it (though I have some repeat customers, since raises are sometimes hard to come by in RR). The likelihood of someone actually going for a hunt instead of doing something foolish is quite high. Sometimes I wonder if we just need more paladins raising until people will finally "get it" but it's been more than a year since Estild's review of the Paladin Base drastically improved this spell, and yet still no one seems to know.

This post inspired me to (finally) write a whispering script to explain it. It's on the lich repo now: 1640rant.lic

If you want to check it, I guess enter your own character's name as the target, though you'd just whisper quietly to yourself. Or you can read below where I pasted what is whispered OOC, waiting for a YES prompt by the user for each next line to be whispered (to not spam the dead person with WALL OF TEXT ALL AT ONCE).

Give me any suggestions to clarify, simplify, add, or reword. Or you can upvote the WALL OF TEXT approach I guess.

Divine Word is a paladin's resurrection spell. You'll get full spirit, stamina, mana, health, and all the spells that were active when you died. Your wounds will not bleed, nor will you be hindered by rank 1 or rank 2 wounds.

These effects will last for ten minutes or until you UNLINK. You can check the remaining duration for Divine Word under SPELL ACTIVE. The idea is you can eat herbs to heal your wounds or, ideally, go hunt quickly and get fried.

Once Divine Word falls, you will go to 1 spirit, 1 mana, 1 stamina, and 25 health. All your buff spells will be dispelled at this time, even if they are cast during the 10 minute window.

So don't get a spellup under Divine Word's effects! But you could send any available mana to someone else right before Divine Word ends, or use it to cast spells at someone else. (The Order of Voln's Symbol of Recall will activate after Divine Word ends if it was used.)

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: Chrism usage 12/02/2015 09:07 AM CST
Wow... Thank you Daid.

Re: Chrism usage 12/02/2015 11:38 AM CST
Totally agree. Thanks for making that script. I also have to explain every single time what's going to happen, how to pay the price early if need be, etc.

I do wish there were a way to make it clear to folks what a Paladin raise does. Maybe some messaging could be built into the spell for the recipient that explains the concept and suggests that they hunt before it wears off?
Re: Chrism usage 12/02/2015 05:48 PM CST
I agree it should be worked into the spell via IC messaging.