1650 - Heavenly Host 10/22/2015 10:29 PM CDT

Mind you, this version of 1650 is VERY ambitious by no stretch of the imagination. But, you asked for (different) suggestions then "RAWR!+
(stats)!" thus I'm putting this out there.

This spell has 2 parts. The paladin first casts 1650 in his Arkati's temple/shrine. The paladin then prepares by praying to his god, tithing (read as donating X number of silvers), and just generally being holy for about 10 pulses. After, which he receives a vision from his chosen Arkati, where the Paladin is standing in his Arkati's domain surrounded by his god's followers all of whom are chanting the paladin's name (message varies by particular Arkati). Then the spell is 'prepped' and another cast of the spell will see the 'release' in it's 2 incarnations.

The self-cast version (where the Paladin and his party is only affected) is a buff that lasts for the next 2 hours (for solo, and -20 minutes per each person joined to the Paladin). The buff will activate randomly and when it does a bright flash will appear from above (possibly blinding or stunning creatures) and several ethereal heroes (from 2~10) from the Arkati's domain will join the Paladin in the fight against his or her enemies. These heroes can be attacked and will dissipate if killed or will fade away in a pulse. The trigger for the activation is based on the health of the Paladin and his party members (with greater wounds leading to greater frequency of activation, wounds are additive across the party thus it's much easier for a "flare" with more people in the party). The heroes attack using various means (spells, physical attacks, UAC etc.) depending upon the Arkati chosen and is generally random. They are immune to most fear/immoblization spells, poison/disease, and are not stunnable. Non-Magical weapons will pass right through them.

The second version of the spell is the same as above but once 'prepped' is released not on the Paladin and his group but rather into a holy symbol of the Paladin's Arkati. The holy symbol itself will cost 250,000 silvers and must be specially prepared with several (x 10) pure potions. For each 'charge' the Paladin wants to add into the holy symbol, he must re-prep the spell again and cast it into the holy symbol. With each additional charge above the first the chance of failure (and a spirit death) will increase by +5%. The failure chance is cumulative and will remain until the charges are expended from the holy symbol. The holy symbol can be given to anyone and can be used by anyone to it's full effect even without the presence of the Paladin. The person must pray with the holy symbol in hand to activate the spell. Several holy symbols can be created at a time, although it would be impossible to exceed 20 holy symbols with 1 charge each (the risk of spirit death to the Paladin will make this a very unlikely proposition). The holy symbols have a 5% chance to disintegrate after all the charges are expended.
Re: 1650 - Heavenly Host 10/22/2015 11:41 PM CDT
Intriguing idea. You put a lot of thought into this.

Chad, player of a few
Re: 1650 - Heavenly Host 10/23/2015 08:49 AM CDT
I would have fun with something like this! I would definitely prefer to see something along these lines vs. armor buffs. in this slot.

-- Robert

Fluke in the programming, or just your average everyday Konacode? ~ Konacon
Re: 1650 - Heavenly Host 10/23/2015 05:51 PM CDT

Non-paladin here, but I think that's a very cool idea. I also like the secondary feature of trying to add a utility element which paladins are definitely lacking currently.
Re: 1650 - Heavenly Host 10/26/2015 09:13 AM CDT
I don't know what to think yet on the spell, but it's an interesting idea. I think the real question if it's awesome enough to make a paladin want to learn 50 circles or not. What exactly (as in everything) would those buffs do (ie what are the bonuses exactly). Do the 250k items crumble or can they be used again? It'd get expensive after a while if they crumble and (speaking for myself) I'd rather not have a spell that would require I spend 250k of coins each time just to use it and still suffer the knowledge of those circles when I could just as easily place them in some other training to prove more useful. Sometimes I wonder if having 40 circles is worthwhile as I'm finding I get sneered a lot since people want a chrism raise even though I still think the spell is awesome and very useful when clergy aren't available.

A little off topic but.. I still think it's not game breaking for having the ability to have two bonded weapons worth to be unlocked with lore training. My educated guess is the balance and fairness to the warriors as they have their bonded weapons too but through CMs. What would unlock it for them? It almost makes no sense on Lore, but you can't really have them learn more CMs to unlock a second bonded weapon.. ie.. you can't use your fire/ice/etc flaring weapon in the bowels or against the creatures of this realm but your other weapon can be more effective. Who knows? Maybe a paladin might decide to learn how to use two different weapon types and uses the weapon based on what they are facing. Or perhaps they only want to use that one special blade in special situations? But whatever the reason, it still adds good flavor.

Time for coffee now

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!