1650: Bane 11/10/2014 12:15 AM CST
What about a little play on bane weapons? As in- a spell that makes the Paladin's bonded weapon a bane weapon. I'd imagine two potential versions of this spell:

Short-Term: Cast 1650, and the next enemy attacked becomes the subject of the bane for X amount of time. (only one type at a time- restricted to either undead or living creatures depending on smite/bane alignment of convert status)

Long-Term: Cast 1650 and make it a permanent bane weapon that works on either Undead or Living (depending on Smite/Bane alignment of Convert status)

Would be a nifty way to continue to develop the bonded weapon concept.
Re: 1650: Bane 11/10/2014 09:19 AM CST
That does spark my interest but a bane by itself I wouldn't want on a weapon for a 50th spell. I could see that being their 5 final of the further enhansed weapon spell and at I, for one, would like a choice of what I want the bane to be. Living and Undead is a bit short and especially if you factor in demons (especially since it's already difficult enough to find an 8x+ weapon or even just a demon bane weapon for that matter). I would like to think the Arkati would want their champion to be able to go after demons easier. I did post a suggestion at the Ebon Gate folder for various bane potions but so far no nibble of it. Basically whatever bane potion is bought is treated the same a purify potion when poured on the weapon and thus granting X amount of swings against that specific type of beastie.

Now.. if it was Undead / Demon and Living / Demon (which I doubt would get approved) then I could agree with it. And then there's the issue what weapon is the paladin bonded to? Is it already crit weighted, already has flares, etc? Or does this ignore it? If it ignores it, then I can live with just the two banes on it for a 50th slot and it would be worthwhile to get plus it would add the deity flavor that some of you are looking for. It's that or give us a choice of what perm we want on the weapon.

Or maybe.. (new design)

Tier 1: +x AS vs living/undead
Tier 2: +x DS vs living / undead
Tier 3: additional damage vs living/undead
Tier 4: +x TD vs living / undead
Tier 5: Weapon now has Demon Bane

You could probably treat the +AS like the symbol of courage and other societies vs specific creatures with the Demon Bane being perm. X doesn't have to be off the charts, but it could just give an extra boost vs living or undead and the demon bane at the end to ensure the paladin can strike invading demons.

It's just a thought.

You swing a silver-edged black veil iron katana at Sevynne!

* Sevynne drops dead at your feet!
* Sevynne just bit the dust!
Re: 1650: Bane 11/10/2014 02:17 PM CST
>That does spark my interest but a bane by itself I wouldn't want on a weapon for a 50th spell.

Ditto this.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: 1650: Bane 11/11/2014 09:50 AM CST
I'm sure there's room to add some more flavor to it. But honestly- I'd happily use my 50th level spell slot for an extra +10 crit weighting on a weapon that would normally be prohibited from having it. (And especially on one that already had some)
Re: 1650: Bane 11/11/2014 09:58 AM CST
Not to take away from your suggestion, but I'm hoping for something that can wow the masses a bit as well. A little more flash, a little more show, a little more 'Oooh Ahhh' and 'we're not worthy' from the uninitiated.

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 12:31 PM CST
My suggestion way back when was something that, for a short period of time would make us an avatar to our Arkati. We would look like an avatar. So for me, I would have the head of a jackal, etc/. During which, you are completely unable to be affected by anything that BESEECH can cure [because you have no need to BESEECH in that state], would subject anything not in your group to sheer fear rolls in waves, and would offer a special attack during of spell that amounts to a Coup de Grace with higher chances of success. So for me, with my jackal head, would be BITE.

Lores would increase the usage like Miracle, as well as increase the warding margin on the fear. Would last like, a minute or two once a day.

~The Arist formerly known as Mikoguchi Chydenar
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 01:13 PM CST
Well.. a question if you don't mind:

If you have BITE... why would use BITE instead of keep attacking with your bonded weapon? More attack? Guanteed hit? VERY hard damage?

What would other arkati have?

In all reality, for the 50th slot, if I had to choose between using while alive or dead then I would choose alive.

What if this thing was part of the armor idea except make that the 5th tier where we BESEECH the armor (or some other verb) if this is just going to be a "normal" attack but just fancier?

Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 01:37 PM CST
It would be used while alive.

The BITE would be like the CMAN Coup de Grace, a really flashy finishing move. But with a higher chance of success than the CMAN.

I don't claim to know what the other Arkati would look like; I've only ever seen a Sheruvian avatar myself. I assume Marluvian would have tentacles, etc etc.

~Mikoguchi Chydenar; Jackal Corps.
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 04:23 PM CST
>If you have BITE... why would use BITE instead of keep attacking with your bonded weapon? More attack? Guanteed hit? VERY hard damage?

>What would other arkati have?

Maybe Lorminstra can be an impaling gate. A serpentine constricting move for Luukos. Getting battered by a ship for Charl (or WAVE). Imaera can have plants grow out of the target (like in The Fountain). Maybe Ivas can scorch retinas with beauty. Fash'lo'nae can slam a closed tome about their head. Aeia can turn them into a nice rock for your garden. Shatter their eardrums for Cholen. PUNCH (etc) for Kai. Koar can just implode them to little tiny bits.

Just posting these for the lolz...

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 07:31 PM CST
>Maybe Lorminstra can be an impaling gate. A serpentine constricting move for Luukos. Getting battered by a ship for Charl (or WAVE). Imaera can have plants grow out of the target (like in The Fountain). Maybe Ivas can scorch retinas with beauty. Fash'lo'nae can slam a closed tome about their head. Aeia can turn them into a nice rock for your garden. Shatter their eardrums for Cholen. PUNCH (etc) for Kai. Koar can just implode them to little tiny bits.

>Just posting these for the lolz...

If these were implemented, something about the spell name or messaging must reference Mortal Kombat, hehehe...

/seo, toasty!/
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 07:50 PM CST
I'm not convinced that a "living" bane is appropriate. Seems like it would give certain paladins a HUGE advantage over everyone else in the game. Would it apply to players? At least GOS is specific with the way it works.

As things stand now paladins of all walks have an equal advantage against undead but only as far as being able to hit them with the proper weapon without needing a bless.

As a 50th level spell perhaps it is a bane spell that works similarly to 1625 and the paladin could attune it to certain creature types? It might have tiers like 1625 so the paladin would need to learn 1655 to get the full benefit?

Chad, player of a few
Re: 1650: Bane 11/12/2014 11:16 PM CST
while choosing a bane on my weapon is great for a spell.. I dont see just that for a 50th level spell

not unless it the last tier or something

t1 - +x to weapon type
t2 -
t3 - bane of choice
t4 -
t5 - special attack spell?

Just a thought (Very roughed draft)

special attack should be more than fluff. Perhaps a guaranteed hit and you hit as hard as your weapon? Or maybe an instant kill strike that you can do X amount of days?