50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 02:29 PM CDT
Every day for the last couple days, I keep getting a message saying I've reached the 50,000 silvers per day limit, however I am only hunting kobolds, and anyone who has hunted them knows, it would probably take 24 hours to make 20-30k off of them. After an hour, or this last time it took 5 hours, it clears itself up. But during this time, I can't hunt because I can't get any treasure or skin the creatures [You cannot skin creatures you cannot gain experience from.]

The other issue I get many, many times a day, every day, is when picking my own boxes. The message I get says I can only pick 10 boxes per hour. I sometimes play a couple hours at a time, but never, ever have I ever gotten 10 boxes in one hour, much less picked that many. It takes me an hour to get between 1-4 boxes (if I'm lucky), and I can usually pick one, maybe two, but after that, I get the message and have to take them to the locksmith to be picked.

Anyone have any suggestions? I have put in several assists and have had referrals put in over these issues, but nobody knows how to fix them.
Re: 50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 02:46 PM CDT
>Anyone have any suggestions? I have put in several assists and have had referrals put in over these issues, but nobody knows how to fix them.

I hope you don't mind a statement which is naive as any other.

Host and GMs cannot touch this stuff. Nor players.

It sounds to me like something off with F2P, if your basic report is correct.

Posting here is one of your best options (since there may lots of people that know more than I do, for instance). You do have the in-game option with BUG but I dunno if this is treated in a serious manner for F2P.

If you have the logs to prove that something really improper is happening with F2P which clearly differs from the stated mechanics, send concise logs to SGM-Wyrom. You can infer his email address by appending @play.net to his handle (Wyrom).

However, Wyrom is doing a lot for this game, and so much more than most of our imaginations can consider, please be sure it's a bug etc.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog
Re: 50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 02:49 PM CDT
>You do have the in-game option with BUG but

"IF" I meant.

I should sleeeeeep.

Also, I did want to point out that F2P is still in its basic infancy. In that sense, real and legitimate bug reports will not only be taken seriously, but very appreciated (in my way of thinking).

Re: 50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 03:55 PM CDT
>If you have the logs to prove that something really improper is happening with F2P which clearly differs from the stated mechanics, send concise logs to SGM-Wyrom. You can infer his email address by appending @play.net to his handle (Wyrom).

It's actually gs4-wyrom@play.net. Any GM you need to email will have the gs4-(gm name)@play.net email address. Do not leave the gs4- off when you email them or it won't get to them. Onsite staff have the simu- prefix.

-Richard/Fjalar.
Re: 50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 10:24 PM CDT
Yeah, indeed. Technically his handle includes that but, clearly I was too bleary-eyed to process a complex thought.

^_^

Thanks for pointing that out.

Re: 50,000 Silvers Issue/Picking Boxes Issue - F2P 04/24/2015 10:44 PM CDT
>Anyone have any suggestions? I have put in several assists and have had referrals put in over these issues, but nobody knows how to fix them.

It isn't a problem with your character, it is a problem in the game systems.

I have been informed of the lockpicking issue. I have not yet been able to reproduce it, but I will roll in an updated version of the tracking code this weekend (to address a different issue) which will hopefully solve this bug as well. As for the treasure, are you also including the value of gems, trinkets, special treasures, and the contents of boxes in your estimate?

>If you have the logs to prove that something really improper is happening with F2P which clearly differs from the stated mechanics, send concise logs to SGM-Wyrom. You can infer his email address by appending @play.net to his handle (Wyrom).

Please do not do this. Wyrom is generally a nice and helpful guy, but I suspect that even he would begin to get grumpy if players started using him as a general bug clearinghouse. The original poster has taken the correct actions: seeking help through assists, and by posting on the forums. The BUG command is the third good option.