Since when is it ok to hunt with scripts 04/12/2013 05:56 PM CDT
I just came back from a long absence and it seams like everyone uses hunting scripts now.Is this true

happens all the time in warcat area. Quite annoying to see this every 10 - 15 seconds

XXXX just climbed up an old linden trunk.
>
XXXX just climbed down an old linden trunk.
>
XXXX just climbed up an old linden trunk.
>
XXXX just climbed down an old linden trunk.
Re: Since when is it ok to hunt with scripts 04/12/2013 06:03 PM CDT
There has been a LOT of discussion on the matter lately, but the issue is AFK scripting is not allowed. Scripting while actively at the keyboard is allowed. If you believe someone is AFK scripting you can report them. You may not like the behavior of the hunting/movement scripts that are commonly used (and you are definitely not alone in that), but they are not against policy. For what it's worth, i'm sorry to hear that you have to put up with an annoyance like that while hunting. I admit I move like a crazy person in the field and I don't even script hunt outside of a few macros.
Re: Since when is it ok to hunt with scripts 04/12/2013 07:28 PM CDT
Yeah, it's a pretty volatile topic for some. But I'm with you. When you stand in a nexus with several rooms/passages branching off, in a small hunting area, the scroll from a single script-hunter can be outrageous. But apparently, we're not supposed to find that annoying.

Anyway, please do report suspected non-responsive, AFK script-hunters. Don't get involved personally, just do a quick REPORT with the person's name and a brief message, and then go about your business. I usually give them ample opportunities to show that they're responsive before I do so. An easy test is to stand in a room where they're fighting a critter and try to initiate dialogue. Be polite and stay in character. If they're paying attention they'll at least acknowledge you. If not...fire off the report.

~ Heathyr and friends