Monk Only Cman: Throw 06/12/2017 11:33 PM CDT

THROW is the Cman designed for the Monk to use their martial forms to attempt to do advanced grappling techniques which result consistently in a take-down/knock-down with a raising of the foe's stance. The idea would be to 'flip' 'throw' 'toss', etc. This is not exactly the same as the GRAPPLE attack as it more specifically focuses on take-downs and setting up for something to follow specifically after the take-down. Use of THROW will
concentrate on weakening the stance and getting the -50 for the DS on top of activating a 50% increase on chance to get a vulnerability for a punch/kick/jab/grapple. Conversely, there is a chance that the Monk may fail and wind up on the ground, raised stance, etc. if their attempt is horribly poor.

Throw could be a general skill with levels of power from each Rank. A level 5 Master of Throws will get the full 50% increase for Tiering up. The move is a CMAN offensive made to setup for a UAF strike.

This could be a lot of fun to make descriptions of for the game designers! All the various martial arts and combat techniques that are colorful and very visual...
Re: Monk Only Cman: Throw 06/15/2017 04:05 PM CDT

I'm all for new skills, but I'd rather see them come from a Monk Guild. Finding enough CMAN points is hard enough, even maxed out, at cap. I still wonder if I did my CMAN's the right way. I also wish I had a lot more cman points to spend.

Russ