1240 and 1250 : Dragon Scales / Summon Dragonkin 06/09/2017 05:59 PM CDT

1240 endows the entire skin of the Monk with a scaly representation of real dragon scales! These provide some crit protection which builds on the use of Iron Skin if in effect at the same time. Dragon Scales also gives critical weighting to hand and foot with the addition of fire flares if the hands/feet are bare. In addition, there is a possibility to evoke a response from the Monk of a 'spirit of the Dragon' which fires them up after being attacked which gives them a hastened attack, armor which 'catches fire' and causes fire damage if touched, and can help them out if a CM comes at them from the wind of the dragon assisting them.

1250 Summon Dragonkin gives the Monk a power to summon a dragon-related friend to help them out in battle. The dragons won't go inside city walls and will be combat only utility. The dragonkin won't directly attack foes but will instead do various things: A) Rally the energies of the Monk and their party, invigorating them with -1 haste to RT and a rise in STR/AGI B) The dragonkin will interact with the foes (especially groups, the larger the groups the more fun the dragonkin will have) in ways to distract, harass, intimidate, put into RT, etc. as much as they can. C) *The dragon will help boost the generation rate of the foes*-- don't know how easy with balance and all that it is but loot does go with being a dragon D) The monk's party can beg a ride from the dragon and sail away to the town gates in times of need, though the dragon may require some of their gems to do so E) The dragon can help haul loot for the Monk! Another way to help treasure gathering/encumbrance system. While Summon Dragonkin is in effect, 1240 will have a huge boost. The Dragonkin will have a physical maneuver attack like the minotaur to invoke with STOMP. The dragonking an be encouraged to FLAP their wings and hasten you with an additional -1 from the generation of force by the wind with dragonmagic assisting you. F) The dragon can SQUAWK for a Warcry sort of effect on critters G) The dragonkin may occassionally rush off to feed itself before returning, etc. maybe a FIRE breathing attack even for some flare damage.

Re: 1240 and 1250 : Dragon Scales / Summon Dragonkin 06/15/2017 03:59 PM CDT

I like the ideas. Having said that, do you feel Monks have a problem with combat? It's been a long time since I've been other than capped as a Monk, but since we were given UAC Mstrike, I've not noticed any other combat issues needing to be addressed aside from CvA(which I assume is just the trade off they think is balanced for use of 1202. Robes hindrance with asg13 armor physical reductions).

Russ