Monk Guild 01/19/2017 02:42 AM CST
I think Monk's are being short changed by not having a guild.

Warriors have the CMAN's Tackle, Berserk, Disarm, feint, Combat Mastery, and Spin Attack available to them through the guild. Rogues have Sweep, Subdue, Stun Maneuvers, Cheapshots, and Vanish from their guild. Each can replace a sizable chunk of CMANs with time and dedication to the guild.

Now I know. The chances of Monk's getting a guild system working are about as high as winning the lottery but I am going to list the skills I think monks should have in their Guild just as an exercise.

Ki-Focus
Punch Mastery
Kick Mastery
Grapple Mastery
Mystic Strike

Barring that Monks should pay significantly less for any Monk only CMAN 2,3,4,5,6 progression instead of the 2,4,6,8,10 progression for each rank. Except for Perfect self.

GBB
Re: Monk Guild 01/19/2017 03:34 PM CST
Obligatory +1 to proposed monk love.

A man can dream!

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: Monk Guild 01/19/2017 08:10 PM CST
Rogues don't get the Vanish maneuver through the guild. They get RGAM VANISH, which lets them try to put an item into a container without messaging the room.
Re: Monk Guild 01/20/2017 03:51 PM CST

adding to your list -

Monks should get at least 1 free rank in each of the stances. With the option to specialize in one of them through the guild.

R.
Re: Monk Guild 01/20/2017 06:21 PM CST
While we're dreaming of a monk guild...

Transcendental Discipline: .5 TD per rank.

Martial Mastery: Ranks in the masteries

Monastic Maneuvers: a mix of berserk/stunmans (cause we're the only square with no way to combat stuns/webs/etc.)

Monk tricks: (I dunno, the ability to hear private amunet thoughts? Brewing? Pretending to be celibate?)

No-Armor-Skills (need a new name): everyone else gets armor skills we get nothin! What about us?!

:D

-The mind behind Rowmi's eyes.
Re: Monk Guild 01/23/2017 05:05 AM CST
I would be happy with being able to do a cool tumble or roll.