Random Idea 09/03/2016 07:41 AM CDT
I don't know how many folk read David Dalglish's books (I highly recommend them), but thinking about them inspired an idea for monks. One of his characters has a "Dance of Cloaks" he does while fighting that causes the cloak he wears to billow out and move in a manner that distracts opponents and masks his movements, making him harder to hit and harder to parry his swords.

Initially, I was thinking that monks could have a martial stance called "Dance of Robes" that would boost their CvA since 1202 doesn't provide that benefit (if I remember correctly). However, after further thought, it doesn't seem right that billowing robes would make it harder to connect with a warding spell, so maybe it could add a bonus to Dodging instead....

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Random Idea 09/03/2016 10:02 AM CDT
Any boost to monk TD/CvA shouldn't come from a martial stance or it would compete with Slippery Mind, and therefore do little to help the situation.

Even with Slippery Mind, monks have to pay a significant opportunity cost in CM points and offensive stances to improve their CS spell defenses, which I believe are the worst in the game.