Custom FE Addons 04/04/2011 09:29 AM CDT
I haven't looked into the viability of doing this, but I was wondering what SIMU's take on custom add-ons is. Basically, if I were to make an SF add-on that mapped everywhere I went (and possibly one that used SF's output for repeated ranged attack (2 crossbows followed by short bow attacks until it was safe to reload the crossbows) and effective stance-dancing combat purposes) is this something SIMU would ban my account for?

Basically, can I use (for instance) Visual Studios to enhance my personal experience (and at the far reaches, potentially that of desiring others), or would it need to be done purely through the available scripting utility?
Re: Custom FE Addons 04/04/2011 10:02 AM CDT
You're free to use whatever front-end or front-end additions you like. (You just have to remain attentive to the game environment regardless.)

I would first suggest taking a look at Lich, which is the most widely-used "add-on" to Stormfront.

http://lichproject.com/

- Greminty
Re: Custom FE Addons 04/04/2011 11:15 AM CDT
I've seen other add-ons, and I've seen some things I'm not real happy with. I haven't used "Lich" specifically, but there'd be plenty of fun in producing my own. Writing it would be part of the whole experience.
Re: Custom FE Addons 04/04/2011 12:37 PM CDT
With Lich... You can still have the fun of writing your own stuff. It's a scripting platform addon, that allows you to run ruby scripts. It's definitely worth looking into.

~Athias (Platinum)