Browser Front End Functionality On Tablets (macro's). 01/25/2018 12:53 AM CST
So, I posted this in the web browser front end section of the forum nearly two weeks ago, and havent heard a response yet. So I fgured I'd post it in the developers corner too, seeing as it's something that requires the attention of the devs. Here's the post...

"So heres the deal... I only have a tablet. I don't have a desktop computer. so all I can use is the browser client, not things like stormfront. Now, on a tablet, you can make macro's on the browser client, however you can't scroll through the list of them. Meaning you can only use a handfull, and can only edit those, and not the rest. However, on a desktop, you can scroll through the list, edit them all, and assign them to the F keys. I have a keyboard for my tablet with working F keys, so this seems like the way to go. However, if I log into my account on a desktop, make macro's, and set up my F-key hotbar... When I log back in on my tablet, the macro's arent there, along with my hotbar setup. It seems in the browser client, the macro/hotbar setup is tied to the device, as opposed to the account. I did hear/read somewhere that to use the hotbar on your tablet you had to set it up on a destop first. So I'm assuming there is a way to have your macro's/hotbar settings tied to your account. Can anyone enlighten me on how to achieve this please?"

I have a suggestion which would partially solve the issue. When you click "edit" next to a macro in the web browser front end, or create a new macro, add a dropdown menu to the edit window, that has all the F-keys listed... That way, when you are on a tablet, where you can't drag and drop your macro's to the hotbar, you can still add them to it by going to "edit macro", and selecting the key from the dropdown list. This only fixes the macro funtionality on a tablet issue that I mentioned though. Macro's would still be tied to the device as opposed to the account. I did some testing on my tablet regarding this. I installed multiple different browsers on my tablet, and made another acccount on one of the other browsers. I made different macro's on that second account and browser, then tried logging in to my original browser with the second account. When I did, I only saw macro's from my first account. So it seems the macro's are tied to the browser they are created on, as opposed to the account.