Lich and unresponsive CUE software 12/12/2017 04:27 PM CST
Has anyone noticed a conflict between CUE (Corsair Utility) and Ruby/Lich? Every once in a while my mouse will just shut down and I'm left to discover as some creature wails on me that I can't enter any commands because my mouse turned off, or dc'd. The problem started around the same time I installed Lich and the front ends, so I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it. I have another laptop that does the same thing but doesn't have Ruby/Lich installed, but the problem is a little different there in that the mouse just freezes and the light stays on.

The only way to fix it is to reboot, and that sucks

If anyone knows of a conflict, or knows why CUE disconnects my mouse, I would appreciate it.

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*
Re: Lich and unresponsive CUE software 12/12/2017 09:23 PM CST
I don't use CUE.

A quick scan shows several different games affected by a USB / Driver polling race condition (fancy talk for a defect that everyone says belongs to someone else to fix) that's tentatively tied to CUE.

Two courses recommended:

1) Disable / remove CUE
2) Back-rev from 2.x CUE to 1.6 CUE (which reportedly is free of this contention).

Apparently, on 2.x, you can also select Advanced Mode and operate under that profile. The theory goes that Advanced Mode polls much less frequently. To me, much less frequently will only mean it won't crash nearly as often. But - like you - all reports indicate once the race condition hits, the only recovery path is a reboot. So I would opt to go for 'not at all' over 'not as often'.

Best I can do - I have no way to confirm / test / validate any of this information.

Doug
Re: Lich and unresponsive CUE software 12/12/2017 09:33 PM CST
I think you are right because I have been reading a lot of stuff about CUE 2 being problematic and I updated to it a little while ago. I'll roll it back and see if it fixes it. Thank you.

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*