Custom logon/logoff issue 04/26/2017 10:18 PM CDT
Carrying this over from the thread below as a possible bug:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/Paid%20Events:%20Adventures,%20Quests,%20and%20SimuCoins/Duskruin%20Arena/view/6326

Are the regular logon/logoff messages hardcoded in the non-XML front ends? If so, it's possible the new, custom messages appear in the main game window in all the non-XML front ends. If they aren't getting the XML I don't see how they are going to be able to know these lines are meant for the Arrivals window. Anyone else seeing this?
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 04/27/2017 05:54 AM CDT
>Anyone else seeing this?

I use SF and I have to squelch them too.

They appear in the main window unless your front-end diverts them somewhere else. SF has the coding to dump them into an arrivals window, but I don't have the screen space to use all the SF windows (or even close to it) and the arrivals window is one that I normally have shut.
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 04/30/2017 10:53 PM CDT
You can also turn off arrivals entirely. Unless you want to see only specific people, then it gets a bit tricky.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 05/06/2017 09:47 PM CDT
>>You can also turn off arrivals entirely. Unless you want to see only specific people, then it gets a bit tricky.

From the Arrivals window in SF, right click on the Window, choose settings, then tick "Show only from names highlights"

I would like a way to see only standard log on/off messaging, though.

~ The girl behind Debia

Check out my websites!
www.obsidiantower.com
www.dhenar.com
Coming soon: www.noishorah.com
Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/angelofsharath
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 05/08/2017 10:42 PM CDT
Can anyone confirm this issue is specific to Lich loading on top of non-XML clients, such as the Wizard? If this is the case it might be an issue with Lich, not the client software.
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 05/08/2017 11:33 PM CDT
I can confirm I never have an issue in Stormfront, and I see logons and logoffs even if you have them set to silent.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Custom logon/logoff issue 05/10/2017 07:45 AM CDT
There may be a way to fix this via scripting. I got tired of all the custom messaging (arrivals and deaths) and just wanted to know someone plainly that someone logged in/out. I created a script called messaging.lic on the repo but I haven't optimized it and not sure how well it will work for WizardFE as I'm a Stormfront guy. I could probably download the client and just let it run for a bit to see how well it works. I'll try tonight when I get home from work and let my F2P account see what comes across with messaging.