data stream (XML?) and Logitech G-series 12/02/2016 12:48 PM CST
So, I know that the Logitech keyboards (and auxiliary pads... still none on the mouse, though) have had LCD displays for years.
(I'll be honest, I used it for the clock and, at times, media player info. I wanted the programmable keys--for use in the tax software I use, for annoying repetitive keystrokes--and, most importantly, at the time when I got the first one, the software profiles could be changed by double-clicking the file of the correct extension. Which meant that I could have my database spit out a new text file with <Today's People To EFile> all coded in, and I could run that file to get into the tax program and do what I need to do.
With the NEW version of the software, naturally, they have <quote> "improved" <endquote> it. Needless to say, this makes it substantially less useful to me.)

So, anyway.

What they market the keyboards as, is the ability to load up <this game's> profile of keyboard commands AND ALSO display <this game's> useful information (time left in match, health levels, ammo, whatever).

And I know a ton of that is already in the data stream already coming. Mana & experience pulse happening (I'm totally fine if it were to start a counter UP (as in, "it happened 28 seconds ago. 29 seconds ago. 30."), BARD RENEWAL, stance & status (prone, kneeling, bleeding, stunned, DEAD), and so on.

I wanna get me some of that.

In order of preference (to make my life easier):
1) Has anyone already done a GemStone profile for a Logitech G510 (office) or G11 (home) keyboard profile?
2) Does anyone techno-minded want to take that on? (Fundamentally, very similar to interpreting things like the FEs [Wizard, StormFront] and add-ins [Lich] do.)
3) Can anyone hold my hand through that step 2 process? :)
Re: data stream (XML?) and Logitech G-series 12/02/2016 12:51 PM CST
Oh, and the reason why I want this is that the Wizard's pulse counter has been useless for like twenty years. I thought I heard a rumour at some point that there was a third-party fix/patch for it, but I never found it.

So if someone has a solution for THAT--which doesn't involve Lich--then yeah, I'll take that, too.